Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

quimarche

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by quimarche »

quimarche wrote:Managed to reunite this beauty with her owner.
Not so cheery after all :-( The vet found both the current and previous owners but sadly neither have accepted responsibility. Utter, utter sub-standards. The vet says: "She is two year old Staffordshire bull terrier. She is friendly to people, but has arrived to us in season, so is currently not good with other dogs. This should improve with time and neutering. All the dogs we re-home are vaccinated microchipped and neutered. We welcome enquiries for any of our rescues."

If anyone can give her a home, please call Stella on 07544 397358. She's in Milnthorpe, Cumbria. http://milnthorpekennelsandcattery.co.uk/
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

That is proper pants. Wish I could stretch to a second but one keeps me fully occupied :sad:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Just had confirmation that my student loan will arrive next week :-bd Only two months late...

The postie has been thread might see some action this week for me :lol:

On a downer, I'm sat at home lesson planning full of cold :roll: Not seen my bike all week except for a short commute to my part time job!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Spent four hours yesterday in a meeting to choose house options that should have taken an hour max, and they still managed to screw it up...

...so I guess I'm cheery that I don't have that to deal with today (my missus is dealing with it instead :lol: ).

Edit - Just got tickets to see Hamilton too, so that's cool.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I'm clocking off early to go kayaking for the weekend, only my third weekend of not working on events since May. Driving to Hexham for Chinese and beers tonight; paddling the Tyne followed by more beers and a ceilidh tomorrow, paddling the Tees and driving home Sunday.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
Trail-rat

Re: Yay UI, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Trail-rat »

Yes it is.

Sunny few hours on the bike this morning at hill of fare.

Scolty tomorrow morning too :)
Attachments
IMG_20171103_144813.jpg
IMG_20171103_144813.jpg (260.78 KiB) Viewed 4589 times
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Knocked off work an hour early tonight, couple of pints in the bank, off home for some quality faffage in preparation for tomorrow's bivvy trip with HTrider, perfect weekend after months of decorating!
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

A guest of Open Cycles this weekend, testing their gravel bike in Switzerland. Very cheery.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I've done loads of business this week and might even be able to afford some Xmas presents.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

Off up the Cairngorms tomorrow without a bike :( campervan and runners.

But it's still the Cairngorms.

Hoping for stars. Going to sleep out on gairnshiel 2 or as it's known in Audax circles "bastard hill 2"

It's a happy Friday though because i got out for a ride this morning on the td-1 and after much cursing and swearing I finally got the gas system sorted on the van:)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Cheery all round isn't it ... me, I got 'the feather burner' working without electrocuting myself, setting fire to the workshop, blowing anything up or burning off any digits. To cap it off, I made a very nice cottage pie for tea with cheesy sweet potato mash on top :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Cheery all round isn't it ... me, I got 'the feather burner' working without electrocuting myself, setting fire to the workshop, blowing anything up or burning off any digits. To cap it off, I made a very nice cottage pie for tea with cheesy sweet potato mash on top :-bd
Whats one of them then?

Currently scrabbling round for kit in prep for a very cold camp tomorrow with Blair. It was all packed away for the winter - silly boy that I am....
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Whats one of them then?
It's nowt to do with keeping warm ... not uless you set fire to yourself with it. Think of it simply as a hot wire cutter for shaping the fletchings on arrows. One of those jobs where someone asked, 'can you make me one of these?' and I replied 'yes' without first engaging brain. :wink:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Had a great job in a London theatre today, found my way out of London :-bd, have beer :-bd picked up a salsa Fargo :-bd cheery :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I'm a day late as always...

It's my wedding anniversary today and this came in the post, as I slid it out of the envelope I thought at first that bb towers had started sending out cards :smile:

Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

:grin: :grin: .l :-bd
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Brilliant card!
Happy Anniversary to you both, Sean.
:-bd
May you always have tail wind.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

After four years of having nowhere to tinker I have just put up a 10x8 shed at the bottom of the garden. No more removing the front wheel and storing the bike upright, no more bike maintenance outside, no more annoying the wife with the ukulele, no more tidying up everything I've been working on in the kitchen (cos I had nowhere else to work on stuff) so I can cook dinner. Fucking ace :-bd .
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Ray - this will change your life - it will be ace :-bd

You will also likely end up with piles of parts everywhere, more projects than you planned and needing more space again eventually :lol: :wink:
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Zippy wrote:Ray - this will change your life
Wife thinks it's going to change her life too, she's worried she's going to become a "shed widow", :lol: .
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Ray Young wrote:After four years of having nowhere to tinker I have just put up a 10x8 shed at the bottom of the garden. No more removing the front wheel and storing the bike upright, no more bike maintenance outside, no more annoying the wife with the ukulele, no more tidying up everything I've been working on in the kitchen (cos I had nowhere else to work on stuff) so I can cook dinner. Fucking ace :-bd .
Totally jealous! A decent shed is second on my list of things to purchase next year, I awfy want a new bike first!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Nice one Ray, the only thing better than a shed is two sheds!
(Cue show us your shed thread....)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I realise I'm a day late but I've only just found out that the Chinese have built a massive solar farm, shaped like a ............

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Amazing!
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

This is the last Friday I will be at work this year which is pretty cheery :grin: Hopefully the other remaining Friday’s I’ll be out on the bike which is even cheerier :grin:

As I’ve met some of you throughout the year I feel more a part of the Bearbones family so I thought this year I would share a little Christmas greeting. For reasons too long to go into here I have ended up with a collection of PG Tips monkeys. A couple of years back the wife and myself came up with the idea of making our own Christmas cards. It turns out that if you can sew a framebag you can sew a shepherd costume for a knitted monkey, so I give you the image we created for our cards... The PG Tips Monkey Nativity.

Hopefully no one is too offended by this.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger