Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Trail-rat

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Trail-rat »

cheery here too ..

signed my uk contract . No longer do i work for and travel too Angola its only taken 9 months.

win. :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Trail-rat wrote:cheery here too ..

signed my uk contract . No longer do i work for and travel too Angola its only taken 9 months.

win. :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
That’s a VERY slow boat :lol:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

To be fair by my last trip I'd have happily cycled home or even taken a walkadile.......
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Been in London all week. Now am not. Happy Friday !
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Campervan "wild camping" trip to Derbyshire this weekend with SWMBO... very cheery we/I love our van trips.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

On two counts - firstly, I've just finished a bow. It was a bit of an experiment which means there's always room for disaster but it's turned out better than I could have hoped for. Secondly, Mike's emailed me to see if I fancy playing out next week ... I think he may have forgotten about the two folding shoppers in the workshop :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Off this afternoon for another C2C recce in this place https://wp.me/p1GtEo-aX hopefully the autumn colours will be on display.
MrsPB hasn't seen the canyon yet as it's a fair distance from home but I've included a visit to Burgos in the trip as well as looking at the Good,Bad & Ugly set en route.
tomwardill

Post by tomwardill »

Finishing work a bit early (well, I started early to account for it) and then up to Kendal for the Film Festival.
It's not being outside, but it's watching films that make me want to be outside more, so I'll call that a win. I'll try and count how many of them involve fires.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Mega yah. Been labouring at the horse yard all day and, among other achievements, I managed to install a new generator that was delivered this morning, and get it working and, well, generating, all by myself. I know there are those amongst us who could strip it down to its component parts blindfolded, but I lack mechanical sympathy, and was rather chuffed it chugged into life first push of the big red button.

And in a few hours Im meeting Tonto, Rich3rd and his mate for a Chilterns bimble, pub meal and bivvy out.

Fridays dont get much better
I'm just going outside ...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Walked around (most l) of the coast of the Wirral yesterday, so having a rest today, which has coincided with mini-voodoo having a sick day. Now watching Pixar and Xmas films :-bd
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

My Land Rover failed the MOT... but as it's just some welding on the rear of the chassis I'm happy with that.

I did fear I would be replacing the bulkhead which is a big job. They also advised there is an oil leak... I did reply "you did spot it's a land rover?"

The leak was fixed last year but I haven't cleaned the oil off the chassis, if I had the front would probably need welding as well, it's a shame the oil leak didn't coat the rear of the chassis to protect that :lol:

All this this means I'll only be working on it for a few hours tomorrow which will leave Sunday free for riding :smile:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Mike

Post by Mike »

:lol: no I haven't stu. I need to do abit of Xmas shopping so those bikes may come in handy next week :wink:
psling

Post by psling »

I know there are those amongst us who could strip it down to its component parts blindfolded, but I lack mechanical sympathy, and was rather chuffed it chugged into life first push of the big red button.
Oh dear! You do realise the 'big red button' is the emergency stop button...! :lol:

Nearly finished for the day at work, the forecast is looking good for the weekend and I'm not working Saturday so all good :cool: Guiding a new resident of Monmouth along some of the secret lanes of the Lower Wye Valley on Sunday, looking forward to it.
They also advised there is an oil leak... I did reply "you did spot it's a land rover?"
Ha ha, we always used to say 'if there's no oil on the ground under the Land Rover, there's no oil in it!'
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

I was banned from the work carpark last Monday with my land rover.

3 drops disperses over a rather large area in the rain.

They tried to estimate it in litres for the cpar......I was like dude....if there was that much on the floor the engine would be empty....
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

Saw a unicyclist riding along a snow covered road. Made me smile
RIP

Post by RIP »

jameso wrote:Can I just say today, here, now while sat on a train packed with eager shoppers headed to nearby indoor retail centers

F)ck Black Friday

That's all, thanks for listening :-bd
:lol: As per, I'm going to have a very cheery Friday indeed. By buying nowt. In fact, I might go for a toddle up the woods in a minute, via the town to watch the mayhem.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just finished giving this a final polish - makes me happy. Now onto the serious task of making a new doorcase for the bathroom.

gairym

Post by gairym »

Looks beautiful Stu - bloody good effort!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yes, thought you might like it Gairy - out of interest, bow is Ash and the overlays are Moon Ebony.
Rumps

Post by Rumps »

is this in case any missionaries come down the track to the house....?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

is this in case any missionaries come down the track to the house....?
No, I use my warbow for them :wink:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Cheery Friday before Depressing Saturday. It's my 60th tomorrow and I'm taking it hard.

Distraction requires that I escape to Barra for the weekend. At least that way my Mrs can't spring a surprise party on me.

DSC_0004 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode

DSC_0012 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode

DSC_0018 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode

DSC_0023 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Happy birthday for tomorrow Colin ... and remember, it's only a number and perhaps congratulate yourself on having got there, many never do.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Roobell7 wrote:Saw a unicyclist riding along a snow covered road. Made me smile
I wonder if it’s the same bloke I used to pass in my bigdummy, the contrast always used to make me smile.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Oh on my own cheery note, I’ve just finished my first week in a new job. Finally back where I want to be with a major player in the entertainment rigging business.
My first week was spent in pinewood,three mills studios and ExCel exhibition centre.

As I’m working in London often I’m already scoping out leaving my company van (no more huge fuel bills) in the studio and the routes to Euston for the Caledonian sleeper :-bd

It’s odd, I’ve been working 05:30 to 20:00 but feel invigorated, granted it’s a new job but given the flagrant flaunting of the regs in my last gig I think I’ve found a home :-bd