Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by BigdummySteve »

RIP wrote:
jameso wrote:Can I just say today, here, now while sat on a train packed with eager shoppers headed to nearby indoor retail centers

F)ck Black Friday

That's all, thanks for listening :-bd
:lol: As per, I'm going to have a very cheery Friday indeed. By buying nowt. In fact, I might go for a toddle up the woods in a minute, via the town to watch the mayhem.
I was right there with you but unfortunately I bought two sets of bonhus Allen keys, not on sale presumably due to their inability to invoke Friday fever but much needed as my go bag is very heavy with the bench sets.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Happy birthday Colin!
Fairly cheery for me, Scotrail is on my case again, they've realised I'm trying to take it easy this month so cancelled my train to make me get some more miles in... ended up being a pleasant ride home with a stiff tailwind. Felt a sore throat coming on so I'm now having to drink half a bottle of whisky to sort it.... Cheers!
psling

Post by psling »

Absolutely nothing to do with bikepacking but just been watching a streaming of Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac live in '76 and I've remembered how much I was totally in love with Stevie Nicks at the time :cool: (sorry, had to share... :roll: )
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

BigdummySteve wrote: My first week was spent in pinewood,three mills studios and ExCel exhibition centre.
It's a small world, the crane company that I work for has just finished a long job down at Pinewood working on the new Angelina Jolie film.
And we had a stand at the excel construction show for 2 days this week..... all of this time I was stuck in our portacabin office up in the North West
FLV

Post by FLV »

I like cranes. Cool engineering.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

FLV wrote:I like cranes. Cool engineering.
I juggle them for a living.....
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

ScotRoutes wrote:Cheery Friday before Depressing Saturday. It's my 60th tomorrow and I'm taking it hard.

Distraction requires that I escape to Barra for the weekend. At least that way my Mrs can't spring a surprise party on me.

DSC_0004 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode

DSC_0012 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode

DSC_0018 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode

DSC_0023 by Colin Cadden - Flickr2BBcode
Happy Birthday Colin! Perhaps your wife will spring you a surprise party on Barra?
jameso

Post by jameso »

Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac
Wow... Looked it up. So much good stuff from that era that I'd missed until fairly recent years. Youtube jukebox-ing now.

And Happy Birthday Colin :-bd just a number isn't it. How old do we feel? About 12, many days when out and about?!
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

pistonbroke wrote:Off this afternoon for another C2C recce in this place https://wp.me/p1GtEo-aX hopefully the autumn colours will be on display.
MrsPB hasn't seen the canyon yet as it's a fair distance from home but I've included a visit to Burgos in the trip as well as looking at the Good,Bad & Ugly set en route.
A lovely looking area.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Well it's that time of the week again. How time flies. My problem (**) (*) is I'm too easily pleased:

Image20181130_194041 by Reg, on Flickr

OT? As the great Dylan T would phrase it, "come closer now"...... there's only one thing that could improve perfection :wink:. Curiously enough, two weeks on Saturday will include all the things in the photo but also enable that single improvement to "Perfection"..... hugely looking forward to it.

(*) No. Quite the opposite. Being easily pleased is considerably under-rated.

(**) Where do we start.

(I believe that fire is correctly contained and LNT within the generally accepted Rules?)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Jurassic pusher

Had a job that needed the use of a lot of nuts, bolts and washers, on the packets of each the names of the contents were written in English and another language that we couldn`t indentify.
Anyway, long story short the other name for washer was Zwaar sluitring, so all day we said " pass the slut rings" and "what size slut ring do you need"
It may have been childish but is was a fun day!
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Jurassic pusher wrote:Had a job that needed the use of a lot of nuts, bolts and washers, on the packets of each the names of the contents were written in English and another language that we couldn`t indentify.
Anyway, long story short the other name for washer was Zwaar sluitring, so all day we said " pass the slut rings" and "what size slut ring do you need"
Was it a foreign Meccano set? :wink:
Jurassic pusher

Ray Young wrote:
Jurassic pusher wrote:Had a job that needed the use of a lot of nuts, bolts and washers, on the packets of each the names of the contents were written in English and another language that we couldn`t indentify.
Was it a foreign Meccano set? :wink:
I know Meccano is an educational type of "toy" but this would probably be too educational!
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

It’s not Friday but I’ve managed to finish painting the kitchen today, so that frees up Friday :-bd
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Strangely it feels like Friday here too, tomorrow and Saturday are public holidays, Constitution Day and Immaculate Conception, so you can guess what's happening on Friday, nada! As the schools are shut, MrsPB isn't working so we're off to Teruel, 3 hours SW to tick off another provincial capital we haven't visited. Temps still in the late teens, sorry Rasta, so a bike ride is planned as well. I have a pal who lives there and is planning a 700km gravel bikepacking event for next year which looks fun.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Immaculate Conception Day?

You mean virgins have something to celebrate...

:???:
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Apparently it's something to do with Madonna, didn't think she was doing much these days.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Strangely it feels like Friday here too,
Picked my daughter up from her after school stuff just after 530 and she was convinced it was Friday, and actually got a bit weepy when I told her she had two more days of school before the weekend. I blame social media.
I'm just going outside ...
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

its cheery friday as A. Its friday and B this weekend is my first RACE since strathpuffer 2010.

Im looking forward to it . Ive got fire again. I raced so much when i was young i kind of got over racing.

Ive spent the last 6 months getting fit again. Lost a feck ton of weight and learned how to run.....

Duathlon sunday.

Down side to this week is im on consultancy for redundancy - but I'm happy as I've been waiting for it for 2 years - and if i get punted ill be happy to leave with my good health and newly re-found fitness - ive made it to 32 and had 0 heart attacks. which is unheard of in my family - my dad had 3 in one year when he was 32.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Well it's that time of the week again. How time fli.... hang on a minute.... creature of habit.... wot, me...

ImageFlickers on Flickr by Reg, on Flickr

Simple pleasures again. But judging by another thread this evening, I feel :sad: being lucky enough to be enjoying even a simple pleasure. Thoughts with you and yours.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Fun packed day for the Voodoos today

*mini-voodoo’s first school play, said her lines and then fell off the stage. Straight back up and no tears :-bd
*mini-voodoo spent the second half on stage picking her nose and obviously eating it :lol:
*christmas tree up once mini-voodoo returned from school
*outside lights up, looks rubbish but mini-voodoo happy
*tip run done, love going to the tip!!
*mother-in-laws dogs returned home and I got my own dog back :-bd So, much much much quieter and less fighting!

No riding or running though :cry:

Oh well, beer o’clock soon
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Very cheery here, home feet up and a bottle open. It’s been an interesting week, hotel like a prison cell ( had words with management to effect that if they book me an ibis budget hotel again they can do the work themselves)

Riding in London was interesting, to echo what someone else said although manic and very full on it somehow felt safer than a lot of my local road riding. I may never be the same again, on another positive note I think it could improve my sprinting ability :o :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Friday started very non-cheery being dragged round the shops doing Xmas shopping with Mrs512, turning out much more cheery now I'm packing my bag for a bothy trip tomorrow. No bikes involved but I'm still looking forward to a few drams in front of the bothy TV :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Bear with me ... while attending the Alpkit BSO back in Sep, I awoke nice and early on Sun morning (as a non drinker you can do that) and was a little miffed to see the amount of cans, bottles and general rubbish that was strewn about outside the main tent. Being something of a Womble, I set about tidying up - there was no one about and I had nowt else to do. In amongst the rubbish, I found a couple of items that had obviously being lost the previous evening. One was an Alpkit Qark headtorch, which I popped in my pocket then promptly forgot all about.

Fast forward a few months to last night and while looking for a jacket I came across said headtorch. I found a lead and charged it up ... bloody hell it's bright. Certainly bright enough to ride with. Anyway, it cheered me up and no, I don't feel bad about it :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
psling

Post by psling »

Very illuminating, sounds like a bright start to the day... :roll:

It's one of those bright, crispy mornings here. Good frost, sun shining, day off work. Boots and Lowe Mountain Cap are in the van ready, off for a walk up The Skirrid now then a cuppa at The Golden Kettle. No bikes involved.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.