Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No riding this weekend but 2 days of shooting - Sat I'll be travelling over the border to throw some arrows at the 'Sword of Shrewsbury' then moving oop north to Bolton for the Flodden marks rove on Sunday. I have zero chance of winning the Sword but might just surprise myself at Bolton ... especially if the new arrows I made work as intended.
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Zippy wrote:What you got lined up next Bob?
Nowt at the moment - the last time I was "between jobs" I had a list of jobs I needed to do around the house :grin: . We've got access to a "Career transition" company (yes, that's what I thought) for twelve months to help us. Don't think I'll stay in the same industry (digital STB development) as various factors are combining to shrink it. Not fussed TBH
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

wont be much riding much this weekend . last weekends ride on a box fresh cambium C13 wasnt clever. It seemed a nice shape and comfy from the box but after 25hrs i could tell it was maybe needing a little breaking in.

may Parkrun tomorrow morning before house warming in Forres on sat night before heading back to the Bike paths for all demo at marischal college in aberdeen to protest at the AWPR severing and in some cases completely isolating communities from existing active transport links

so if your in the area and free at mid day on sunday make your way down please , the more the merrier.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

whitestone wrote:Nowt at the moment - the last time I was "between jobs" I had a list of jobs I needed to do around the house :grin: . We've got access to a "Career transition" company (yes, that's what I thought) for twelve months to help us. Don't think I'll stay in the same industry (digital STB development) as various factors are combining to shrink it. Not fussed TBH
8 months of full time training for the HT550 next year? :smile: I thought I was going to get made redundant last Christmas and would have had 4 months to train and also replace the roof on the house... but still at work. There wasn't time to train, work and do the roof.... we still have the same old roof, it's all about priorities :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
techno

Post by techno »

Just got an email to say my Stooge frame is ready to collect :-bd
benp1

Post by benp1 »

All the best for the next phase Bob

Noticed that R@pha are launching a down jacket and a sleeping bag this year... wonder what they'll look like? I do like they're kit, even though the majority is too hipster and pricey for my liking. I went in their outlet in Bicester when we passing through recently, impressive they are able to run an outlet in that environment (where it's filled with very high end designers)
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

..and I'm too ill to go riding tomorrow because of man flu.

Not too ill to go to the boozer though so I'll be having a few consitutional pints and a chicken tikka kebab tonight.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I spent most of the week in London and happy Friday for me was chatting with some fishermen in the local cafe whilst paying basically feck all for a coffee. I loves me new Devon life.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What did I tell ya ... yesterday, I shot like a one handed blind man with a cough. Today, I came fourth.

See the little white thing over in the distance? That's what I'm trying to hit.

Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

*and I'm too ill to go riding tomorrow because of man flu. *

Must have been something in the water last week in he cairngorms. my mate i started with was laid up all week with the man flu , i felt it trying to come and dosed up on the vits and rest.
slarge

Post by slarge »

[quote="Bearbonesnorm"]What did I tell ya ... yesterday, I shot like a one handed blind man with a cough. Today, I came fourth.

See the little white thing over in the distance? That's what I'm trying to hit.
[unquote]

You thought about getting a bit closer Stu, you'll never hit something that far away!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You thought about getting a bit closer Stu, you'll never hit something that far away!
:grin: I should say that I was within 3 feet of it with that shot.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Trail-rat wrote:*and I'm too ill to go riding tomorrow because of man flu. *

Must have been something in the water last week in he cairngorms. my mate i started with was laid up all week with the man flu , i felt it trying to come and dosed up on the vits and rest.
The water in the 'gorms was fantastic tbf. Tasted unusually fresh, compared with the sheepy peaty crap I'm used to round here.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's cold and wet outside but I'm inside which although not much warmer, is dry. However, my inner fire is alight as I'm just putting the finishing touches to this years BB200 route ... you lucky people :-bd
jBay

Post by jBay »

Package from the USA cleared customs in 24hrs a record!
Just the Post Office didn’t tell me....... it’s only been available for 3 weeks ....
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Last day at work for two weeks then I'm off for two weeks of swearing round Scotland
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Just finished a week long course at Outward Bound loch Eil, currently sitting having a few beers in Ft William awaiting the train home, looking forward to a quiet weekend with the family
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Last day in work for 3 weeks :grin: Away sailing a gert big yacht with 4 mates in the Ionian Sea for one of them...
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Day late (sorry) bit I've just won £15 at a shoot - sweepstake with nearest the mark (flag) winning :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:It's cold and wet outside but I'm inside which although not much warmer, is dry. However, my inner fire is alight as I'm just putting the finishing touches to this years BB200 route ... you lucky people :-bd
Part of me wants it to be a brute and so live up to the hype. Part of me doesn't care about the hype and wants you to go easy on us....
Twas a very cheery Friday for me - flopped on the couch in front of the telly with a few beers watching a bunch of roadies ride up a hill in spain
Also set for a cheery Saturday eve doing exactly the same after a successful-ish test of my new fangled uppy downy seat post on the fat bike
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I got hailed on today.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

But now much more cheery because while looking for that ^ picture, I found this one on google ... boner pants eh, I have no idea :-bd

Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Last night shift tonight and then 6 off hopefully get back to the bike after losing some mojo :| happy friday
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I got hailed on today.

Got snowed on today - a brief flurry at 900m :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Nobody been cheerful since Sep 21st? Not sure "cheerful" is the right word for BB200-1 but obviously I'm not doing it so have no right to comment. However, I am gigpacking tonight - off to see Department S and the Rezillos at Northampton Roadmender. Catching the train up there and Brompton is loaded and ready to fire up. I would imagine the centre of Northampton isn't flooded (oops, insensitive word choice there :wink:) with bivvy opportunities but there's a couple of industrial estates nearby. I have a terrible confession too - I'm gonna take a "tent" this time, whatever one of those is. No idea why, just felt like it. 31 tarped/henhoused BaMs in a row and now this. Very strange. Macpac Microlight, remember them eh? Bombproof. If there was a nuclear attack tonight all that would survive is the cockroaches and my Macpac. Some wierd halo effect on the front tyre there - the force is with me. Everything crammed into S-bag - tent, mat, pillow, sbag, kitchen, bathroom, etc.

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster