Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Fat tyre kicker

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

" Off to see Department S and the Rezillo's ".......is Vic there ?.......groan :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

I'm hoping Peter Wyngarde will be there - or have I completely misunderstood what it's all about do you think?

"When a case proves too baffling for the minds of Interpol, they turn to the talents of Department S."

( a more appropriate number for me than "Vic" is probably "Age Concern" :lol: )
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
psling

Post by psling »

I'm hoping Peter Wyngarde will be there - or have I completely misunderstood what it's all about do you think?
Well, he is dead so may not be there!
His image was somewhat tarnished after the incident in the public conveniences at Gloucester Bus Station... :shock:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yes I'd forgotten that. His J King memory is forever kept alive though by the Comic Strip episode 'Detectives On The Edge Of A Nervous Breakdown' as Jason Bentley :-bd.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

My lights packed in a couple of weeks ago and I've not gotten round to replacing them yet but my BAM attempt must go on. It's not even 7 o'clock and my tent is up and I've had starters already, knew it would be a long night so I've 3 courses and a hip flask full of monkeys shoulder to get through before bed :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I’ve nearly finished writing a 52 page tender response. Why can’t we just meet and shake hands. Beer next.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

3 courses Blair? Very nice. Very civilised. What's on the menu then? "my BAM attempt must go on" - that's the BBB spirit :-bd.

Not a particularly cheery Friday here. Still doing a lot of caring for my old fogies in their own home, until a better plan comes along. Mental Health people came along today to check on Ma. Funny old world really. Of course the irony is they completely missed me while they were here :wink:.

I see you're keeping an eye on us there Stu. Hopefully you are having a RELAXED Friday after all your BB2[3]00 hard work on the previous one!

Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

RIP wrote:3 courses Blair? Very nice. Very civilised. What's on the menu then? "my BAM attempt must go on" - that's the BBB spirit :-bd.
It is indeed quite convivial Reg, I had noodles in a cup to start followed by some splendid beans in a bag finished off with a bag of wine gums and a strawberry waffle for dessert. The entertainment for the night is listening to some birds on the other side of the loch having a right old scrap by the sounds of it! :lol:
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Pains from my recent crash have receded to next to nowt so I've kicked the tramadol off the menu. So "Hello G&T time". Also insurance co says I'm ok to drive AND I've managed a couple of figure-of-eights on a bike around my back yard.

Indeed, a very cheery Friday in gogland. :grin:
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
barney

Post by barney »

Dave Barter wrote:I’ve nearly finished writing a 52 page tender response. Why can’t we just meet and shake hands. Beer next.
Sorry Dave but I think my ethics application form for my dissertation makes yours a pleasant experience, so far onto page 20 and losing the will to live!
~X( ~X(
Wait for me...
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

In a cheery note my new headset has arrived ( once I pay the robbing basta**s at the post office)....sorry I tried

Oh I’ve some nice German IPA in the fridge...got there in the end :-bd
Last edited by BigdummySteve on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

barney wrote:
Dave Barter wrote:I’ve nearly finished writing a 52 page tender response. Why can’t we just meet and shake hands. Beer next.
Sorry Dave but I think my ethics application form for my dissertation makes yours a pleasant experience, so far onto page 20 and losing the will to live!
~X( ~X(
Cheers I’m cheery now, I thought a 52 page tender response was a long love letter :X :X

RIP

Post by RIP »

Good one Steve, I like it :lol:

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Today is that day of the year when I make fire arrows - always a cheery day :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

We've been in this house for 17 years now (maybe a day or so out).
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Day out on the bike around an area called the Terra Alta, watching the WRC Rally Cataluna, few pics Ken Block at Rally Cataluna https://img ... ry/iiyANjm the second pic isvery near the eyeball bottle opening incident on the C2C last year.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I had lunch with an old girlfriend today - a lady who predates my now defunct marriage, which takes us back to Sydney, 1992, when I last saw her. Bondi Beach, bbqs and a summer that stretched into forever. She was funny, intelligent and informed back them, and she is even more so today. Annoyingly, she's also married to someone she adores and has three grown kids. So, no chance. But, as we said our goodbyes in the car park of the Old Orchard pub in Harefield, with its amazing views over the Colne, we hugged, did the air kiss, and she looked me in the eye and let her lips brush mine, in a way that said to me: "I just wish ..."

Now that is a cheery Friday.
I'm just going outside ...
RIP

Post by RIP »

That was rather touching there Tim.. bit of a bitter/sweet one mate...

TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Reg mate, yeah, oddly enough it was strangely bitter-sweet. We were never meant to be together, and we both knew it way back then. Even so, after so many years, the simple things that drew us together then were still there. I like that. I like that very much.
I'm just going outside ...
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

It's a great Friday.

Spent the last 2 weeks on a floating penal colony West of Shetland in 8m heave.

Woke up on the shore of loch morlich this morning ran up meall a buchallie and back down , swam in loch morlich , had a mountain cafe lunch and coffee and then walked up to the chalamain gap with the wife this afternoon.

Pitched up in the Coire a cas with the van drinking Elvis juice and playing Scrabble with skipinish albums on random
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Yeah that will have been an interesting time out there Trail Rat with the weather we've had recently :shock:
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

Aye we were displaced with sea water ready to unlatch and go to survival draft on Tuesday night as I slept soundly being rocked to a great nights sleep.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Cheery indeed....busy demolishing case of Leffe Triple sent by adoring customer. Skol!

Greetz

S. :) *hiccup*
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Very cheery here :-bd after an emotional time with vehicle problems during the week I got a phone call today, an improved offer for a new job working in pinewood Studios, it’s in the field where I want to be and I’m 6K a year better off :-bd fairly chuffed :grin: