Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by benp1 »

For those who also would like to womble around, see here - https://theoutdoorguide.co.uk/litter-bag-sign-up/

Julia Bradbury not included, though you do have to pay for P&P, for a cloth bag which is obviously waterproof against wet, muddy rubbish
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

it certainly is a cheery Friday bike all packed for some Salop slop tomorrow :-bd

Image2018-12-14_11-18-18 by Stuart Dean, on Flickr
smartay

Post by smartay »

Certainly going to need those bar end mitts, perishing here in North East Wales this morning
middleagedmadness

smartay wrote:Certainly going to need those bar end mitts, perishing here in North East Wales this morning
Same here even the smog out of the Wolverhampton factories is lingering how dense the air is
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

benp1 wrote:For those who also would like to womble around, see here - https://theoutdoorguide.co.uk/litter-bag-sign-up/

Julia Bradbury not included, though you do have to pay for P&P, for a cloth bag which is obviously waterproof against wet, muddy rubbish
Dafuq.

You get them free at all sorts of places! Or like a few pence from a highstreet retailer :roll:

Have they thought of the carbon footprint of getting them shipped all over the place when there is a ready supply available in most places that most people go already...

So if you actually care, don't get something shipped out to you, "upcycle" or recycle what's already around you. :-bd
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Very cheery here in east London, nikwax delivered by a workmate :-bd
Will be heading home soon to root through the kit for suitable attire, looking forward to a BBB package when I get home :-bd
Weather forecast looks fun :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

In other cheery news you no longer have to pay to get into South Wales :???:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Today I became a pensioner :-bd

Time to catch up on all the riding I missed by being beasted at work for the past year.
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

macinblack wrote:Today I became a pensioner :-bd

Time to catch up on all the riding I missed by being beasted at work for the past year.
Congratulations Mac, a very cheery Friday!
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Thanks Rob - I'm embarking on belly reduction before Christmas - What's that about?
paramart

Post by paramart »

finished work :grin: dead cheery today
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
middleagedmadness

The old junka went through mot with just a oil change (& I only did that to help with the stupid new emissions laws) :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I seem to be over my dose of norovirus. Just had some toast and it's staying down. May not have to stay in bed all weekend after all :-bd :-bd
I'm just going outside ...
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

On the subject of Xmas themed areas, here's a cycle club of a village near us.
http://clubciclistajesus.blogspot.com
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Dave Barter wrote:I made a cheery Xmas map https://blog.nautoguide.com/do-you-live ... sy-county/
That's pretty cool Dave, good job
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

We’ve just had our work Christmas curry at the upmarket restaurant around the corner from work and i’m now off for 10 days so all is good. Hopefully i’ll even get an opportunity to get on the bike between bouts of child wrangling
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I was at the dentist having a filling this morning, not usually a source of Friday cheeriness, however, as I lay there listening to the radio the news contained this gem

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46972070

That the rare Angel Sharks have been found living off the coast of Wales. News like this always cheers me up :smile:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

sean_iow wrote:I was at the dentist having a filling this morning, not usually a source of Friday cheeriness, however, as I lay there listening to the radio the news contained this gem

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46972070

That the rare Angel Sharks have been found living off the coast of Wales. News like this always cheers me up :smile:
Great to hear, it`s usually another species on the endangered list due to greed or ignorance.
My "cheery" friday experience was a little odd, I was working repairing some collapsed kitchen drawers and the lady of the house said "I would offer you a coffee, but I`m not feeling sociable!"
When I told the wife, she said I should have replied "I was going to do the job for only £XX, but I`m not feeling charitable so it will be alot more!"
middleagedmadness

It is indeed a cheery Friday just had the call from Birmingham dogs home to say we can pick up our newest addition tomorrow with a all clear from the vets :-bd
IMG_0456.jpg
(77.58 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Guinness our new edition
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

:-bd :cool:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Excellent. Just invested in some tickets for the Undertones young persons popular music concert in May. Thought I'd trawl youtube to see if there's anything I've missed recently. Blimey! They released the Get What You Need CD in 2003 and I completely missed it. How on earth did that happen. First track - "Thrill Me". Superb, nicely "feel good" for a Friday, maybe one for the John Peel of Bikepacking :smile:. And in fact, his lesser known namesake John Peel DJ stated when he played it on his show that "that is one of those records you want to play again immediately, which I think is what I'm going to do as a matter of fact... I like it so much I think we might as well play it again... are we allowed to do that? I don't know...". Cracking! Only the second time he did that, the first being exactly 25 years earlier with "Teenage Kicks" (which I'm afraid I think is one of their least appealing tracks, sorry!).

Anyway, if you wanna cheer up your Friday, here's Peely playing it twice in a row! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NprmWtN66xE. Still prefer Feargal to Mr McLoone but you can't have everything ("where would you put it?"..)

Oh nooooo-o-o-o... the 7" single's on ebay...... 30 quid....

R
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
techno

Post by techno »

RIP wrote:Excellent. Just invested in some tickets for the Undertones young persons popular music concert in May. Thought I'd trawl youtube to see if there's anything I've missed recently. Blimey! They released the Get What You Need CD in 2003 and I completely missed it. How on earth did that happen. First track - "Thrill Me". Superb, nicely "feel good" for a Friday, maybe one for the John Peel of Bikepacking :smile:. And in fact, his lesser known namesake John Peel DJ stated when he played it on his show that "that is one of those records you want to play again immediately, which I think is what I'm going to do as a matter of fact... I like it so much I think we might as well play it again... are we allowed to do that? I don't know...". Cracking! Only the second time he did that, the first being exactly 25 years earlier with "Teenage Kicks" (which I'm afraid I think is one of their least appealing tracks, sorry!).

Anyway, if you wanna cheer up your Friday, here's Peely playing it twice in a row! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NprmWtN66xE. Still prefer Feargal to Mr McLoone but you can't have everything ("where would you put it?"..)

R
that's overpriced reg. no copies currently available but look at the sales history: https://www.discogs.com/The-Undertones- ... ase/539583
techno

Post by techno »

RIP wrote:Anyway, if you wanna cheer up your Friday, here's Peely playing it twice in a row! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NprmWtN66xE. Still prefer Feargal to Mr McLoone but you can't have everything ("where would you put it?"..)

R
That's a belter of a track reg, not heard that before. Ta!
me and the wife have just got tickets to see sleaford mods again, you might like em actually. Punk as f*uk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyXt5dPEfeQ
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Do they do kids birthday parties?" :lol:.

Yes discogs is quite handy isn't it. I'll keep an eye on the ad and wait for him to drop to a tenner...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster