WRT route 'inspiration'.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

WRT route 'inspiration'.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

This probably goes a little against the perceived ethos but I'm feeling charitable, so make the most of it ... I happen to have a 'WRT 17' gpx route and figured that if anyone is really struggling to come up with something of their own, I'd forward it to them.

It's a one size fits all route, which should be rideable by anyone with a degree of 'cycling fitness'.

200km
All rideable with NO deathmarch sections.
The above is only possible due to an increase in 'lane work' - most of which are actually very pleasant to ride.
Numerous re-supply points.
Actually goes past (or very near to) some GR.
Options to shorten / shortcut.

Now, I'm not offering this to the lazy and can't be arsed, it's for those who have tried but are struggling - I'd much rather people enjoy themselves and vow to return next year for a special 10th Anniversary WRT, than to get home and put all their kit on ebay.

Email me (not message) and I'll pass it on. Be quick, the charitable streak could run out at any time :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Asposium

Re: WRT route 'inspiration'.

Post by Asposium »

:-bd
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

You've changed. X_X X_X
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You've changed.
It's not you it's me, etc, etc.
psling

Post by psling »

For me half the fun is covering the floor/table/bed/whatever with maps and planning a route beforehand.

And half the pain during the ride is backtracking/shouldering the bike/collapsing in a heap when the planned route, shall we say, becomes impenetrable...

Your offer is very generous for those for whom map reading is not necessarily an enjoyable part, especially if your information is used as a basis to explore rather than a follow the dots affair. Getting out into the wilds of Wales (or anywhere for that matter) is to be encouraged and any help given to support anyone to get the most enjoyment out of it is to be applauded! Must be St George's day somewhere in Wales!!

(ps, my route of somewhat less than 200km will do me...)
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

mmmmmmmmh, looks like my 'Special no walky/pushy' route might get a little crowded then :???: :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

"You've changed".
"It's not you it's me, etc, etc"

:lol:

"10th Anniversary WRT" - blimey. Amazing really. What the hell are you going to come up with to top the previous nine? "Bromptons Only" gets my vote :smile:. All you seasoned dudes from "Class of 2008" must wonder what on earth you started, and how(*) it's turned into what it has.

(*) well we know how, top man(**) :-bd
(**) and lass obviously :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

mmmmmmmmh, looks like my 'Special no walky/pushy' route might get a little crowded then :???: :lol:
Don't worry Tony, Wales is pretty big ... and where I'm sending you, you might be glad of some company :wink:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Along a similar line...

...don't worry Tony, it'll probably be like last year where we cross paths realising we're two of the only people stupid enough to still be out in those sorts of conditions. :lol:
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Don't worry Tony, Wales is pretty big ... and where I'm sending you, you might be glad of some company :wink:
dont be daft Stu, you know i hate people, the further away from folks the betterer ;) Lol
Richard G wrote:Along a similar line...

...don't worry Tony, it'll probably be like last year where we cross paths realising we're two of the only people stupid enough to still be out in those sorts of conditions. :lol:
Wales will be full of 'stupid' people next weekend Richard don't you worry about that ;) :lol: