BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Lawmanmx

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Post by Lawmanmx »

try to up the fats to your foods, Butter/advocado oils/olive oils are all great to add to your foods and glug with nuts and the like :)

well done fellas and keep it up :-bd

Remember (FAT IS YOUR FRIEND) and the more of it you eat, the more of it you Lose! :cool:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

"glug with nuts"

Nice.
Stumpym4

Post by Stumpym4 »

godivatrailrider wrote:
Richard G wrote:Fat and protein are great for satiety, carbs not so much.

Plus, if they're properly fat metabolism adapted (which they should be after this many weeks) then their body will naturally be happier working with its in-built energy stores. I found the same with intermittent fasting. I can easily go 24 hours without eating a thing now, and have done anywhere up to 8 hour rides completely fasted.

Insulin is a hell of a thing.
Truth !

I've been on LCHF since the start of the year, I've had no obvious carbs at all, nothing sugary, no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, biscuits, cakes (I lie, I had 1 slice of cheesecake on my 50th birthday at the end of Jan) . I'm ON IT. :)
Down 1st 4lb , and have changed shape quite a bit. Clothes are much looser etc. I now usually intermittant fast 16:8 or thereabouts, skip breakfast, and don't miss it. If I start getting peckish, which doesn't always happen, I'll have a couple of teaspoons of good Crunchy Peanut Butter and maybe half a stock cube in boiling water.
Lunch is usually a greek salad with a simple homemade vinegar and olive oil dressing, half a feta, portion smoked mackerel.
I drink A LOT of water.... 6-8 x 800ML Mizu bottles at work.
I feel flippin great and genuinely don't miss the carbs.... the food I CAN eat is amazing and keeps me satiated...
The Boy is doing better than me.
Wouldn't have happened if we hadn't come to Bearstock :cool: :cool: so once again thanks for that !
Well done to you and Mitch :)
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Cheers Tone !
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

this may be of some inspiration to some of you :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoA5yAvbN5U
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Looks like I'm hovering right about the 68/67.5 mark again. This morning I could see the needle on the left side of 68Kg. I'll take that.

Greetz

S.
bearlymoving

Post by bearlymoving »

I'm at 83.2kg (up a couple of hundred grams, but in defence I've been skiing and spent a week in a hotel with a free buffet every night…).
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Well done all - will update the spread sheet (on works PC) tomorrow when it decides if it wants to unlock or not... ah technology!

Anyway, as i said at the beginning of all this random prizes will be handed out to those who regularly contribute to the success that this has become!

Week ten was the date set and last week I asked Stuart - well Dee - anyway, to pick a winner from the list (I am not on the the list BTW).

And the winner is: FatTyreKicker you have won yourself an Alpkit BrewKit (pictured below) get in touch with an address so i can get it posted to you.

Image2017-03-13_08-01-57 by Dr. Jekyll, on Flickr

Cheers.

Mike.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Well, blow me down with a feather........Cheers, well chuffed, many thanks :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

:-bd
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Fat tyre kicker wrote:Well, blow me down with a feather........Cheers, well chuffed, many thanks :-bd
In the post tomorrow for you :-)
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Think I'm late with the details it a poor 75.1kg 32.9 %fat 49.9 %h2o 26.9 % muscle and 2.9 bone density - I have know idea what these all really mean but they seem to be changing slowly

Need to try and get the work exercise balance right as going back to work has rapidly taken over my free time
Ian

Post by Ian »

I was 65.5kg this morning, so now only a pound away from my target "racing" weight. Considerably leaner than at Christmas :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I put on 2.1kg in a single day earlier in the week. God damn you Viva Brazil! So much meat. :lol:
gairym

Post by gairym »

Ok, been out of the game for a bit (not found time with work and family etc...) but weighed myself this morning (always Monday mornings for me).

Gairy Mannion - Target weight: 90kg (and eventually lower)

Start weight -01-01-2017:
110kg
09-01-2017:
108.9kg
16-01-2017:
107.8kg
23-01-2017:
107.2kg
31-01-2017:
108.4kg
21-02-2017
106.5kg
20-03-2017
105.5kg

I'll take that as I went off the rails for a couple of weeks and really haven't been riding as much as I'd like.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Don't crash once you've lost most of your fat. Ouch. :(

Everything is bone or muscle, and it hurts like hell when you hit something hard.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Original post updated, still coming off very slowly, however still no riding
Due to knee but walking increasing so hopefully there's light at the end of
The tunnel :-bd
godivatrailrider

godivatrailrider wrote:
godivatrailrider wrote:
godivatrailrider wrote:Martin
01/01/17
Initial Goal ? anything starting with 15st would be good...... 14st something would be vaguely exciting

17st 6.8lb :???:
17th Jan - 17.3.4 (was 17.6.0 on 16th)
23rd Jan - 17.2.6
30th Jan - 16.13.4
6th Feb - 16.11.2
13th Feb - 16.8.6
20th Feb - 16.8.6
27th Feb - 16.7.8
6th March - 16.3.2
13th March - 16.3.0
20 March - 16.1.6
This is coming off slowly but surely . When I weigh on a Weds/Thurs I'm usually lighter.... last week I was 16.0.8 on Thurs, just natural weekly fluctuation. Hopefully next week I'll hit my first milestone ... something beginning with 15st??
godivatrailrider

On this great adventure , I'm strictly following LCHF and it's working well for me.
A couple of times over the weekend whilst cycling I had a bit of what I think of as "low blood sugar" .... light headedness, loss of concentration ....
I stopped and had some LCHF food, a sausage, or a bit of crustless quiche or a scotch egg... this seemed to cure it.
Is this what it was? Presumably I have fairly low blood sugar anyway. Both times it was after a longish stretch of sustained high effort, so is probably only a blip when my body briefly struggles to convert fat to glucose fast enough...

I could do with some fast access fat source ....
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I'd wager it's the stopping that had as much to do with it as the actual food. There's a limit to how fast your body can provide energy from its onboard sources so you gave it a bit of a chance to catch up.

As for faster options... you could always go and speak to Team Sky to get them to knock you up some of their personalised ketone drinks. :ugeek:
godivatrailrider

Richard G wrote:I'd wager it's the stopping that had as much to do with it as the actual food. There's a limit to how fast your body can provide energy from its onboard sources so you gave it a bit of a chance to catch up.

As for faster options... you could always go and speak to Team Sky to get them to knock you up some of their personalised ketone drinks. :ugeek:
So just brief "burning faster than creation" issue, I don't have a problem with that as long as I understand the issue. I don't often do sustained high exertion ... hence why I'm a fat bloke :)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

The fitter you get / longer you do LCHF the less likely that's going to happen though, which is good. As with most things, your body gets better at doing them with practice.
Ian

Post by Ian »

It's working for me, for certain. Went out on a punchy singlespeed ride yesterday with some high intensity stuff and felt completely fine the whole time, and afterwards, on no carbs.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Lost track of which week it is (12 ish I think) so lets just say the graph has been updated as of 22 April.

Well personally, its been a real struggle with work stress and going back to comfort eating rubbish. Had a binge weekend on sweeties and crisps and other rubbish. Feel guilty for it and the weight reflects this (still down 100gr somehow!).

Week 12 is the tough times part of any weight loss as the body starts to say, ah so this is the new way of working. Be strong, keep at it and resist temptation (unlike me.... )

Hopefully our first prize winner is happy with the Alpkit Brewkit - remember, you just need to post your weights (good or bad) and then its the luck of the draw*.

So here it is the graph for week 12 ish.

Cheers, Mike.

ImageBBB_fatfighters_week10ish by Dr. Jekyll, on Flickr

*I am not part of the people who can win (I just pay for and provide the prizes) and the winner is drawn at random from the list of people who have posted their updated weights - again not by me so its all fair. So, if you post you have around a 1 in 25 chance (at current time) of winning! Thanks.