BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Post by Richard G »

NorwayCalling wrote:Lost track of which week it is (12 ish I think) so lets just say the graph has been updated as of 22 April.

Well personally, its been a real struggle with work stress and going back to comfort eating rubbish. Had a binge weekend on sweeties and crisps and other rubbish. Feel guilty for it and the weight reflects this (still down 100gr somehow!).

Week 12 is the tough times part of any weight loss as the body starts to say, ah so this is the new way of working. Be strong, keep at it and resist temptation (unlike me.... )

Hopefully our first prize winner is happy with the Alpkit Brewkit - remember, you just need to post your weights (good or bad) and then its the luck of the draw*.

So here it is the graph for week 12 ish.

Cheers, Mike.

ImageBBB_fatfighters_week10ish by Dr. Jekyll, on Flickr

*I am not part of the people who can win (I just pay for and provide the prizes) and the winner is drawn at random from the list of people who have posted their updated weights - again not by me so its all fair. So, if you post you have around a 1 in 25 chance (at current time) of winning! Thanks.
Nice job. Today marks the first time (I guess since I was a child) that I've gone sub 60kg.

Now I just need to keep my average there for a week and I'll switch to maint / recomp. Will be so glad to be done with this phase.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

NorwayCalling wrote:
Hopefully our first prize winner is happy with the Alpkit Brewkit
Oh yes :-bd very happy, I posted in the 'postmans been' thread to mark its arrival,
Had a little play with it in the garden too :grin:

Hopefully my exercise will be up to shortly, been the docs and off for a knee X-ray tomorrow...

So cheers Mark and thanks for the graph, it provides a great visual stimulus :-bd :-bd
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Fat tyre kicker wrote:
NorwayCalling wrote:
Hopefully our first prize winner is happy with the Alpkit Brewkit
Oh yes :-bd very happy, I posted in the 'postmans been' thread to mark its arrival,
Had a little play with it in the garden too :grin:

Hopefully my exercise will be up to shortly, been the docs and off for a knee X-ray tomorrow...

So cheers Mark and thanks for the graph, it provides a great visual stimulus :-bd :-bd
Glad you like it ... and BTW its Mike :wink:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Jumped on the scales last night after a few gentle miles to warm the knees up... 67Kg clothed...good chance I was wearing around 500g of clothing, which would take me to 66.5Kg. First time in a long, long time I've been there. Will try again in the morning.

Greetz

S.
Fat tyre kicker

.....and BTW it's Mike.... :oops: sorry :oops:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Today marks the first time (I guess since I was a child) that I've gone sub 60kg.
9.5 stone ... you must look like a starved whippet man.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I am looking pretty goddamn wiry. Abs are back in full effect, and I'm reasonably ripped all over.

Am definitely noticing the lack of padding though... and I'll be glad to switch now. I've been a good boy for a long time. :lol:
bearlymoving

Post by bearlymoving »

Bit late with this week's weigh in, but I'm down to 82.7. Progress!
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

66.5Kg on the scales this morning post slash. Heading in the desired direction. Another 1500g and I'll have slashed 10Kg off my TD2015 start weight. That's my full bike weight +.

Greetz

S.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Always nice to think of it like that, and funny given how much people spend to lose a couple of kg on their bikes. :lol:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

As of today my rolling average is below my target figure... so I'm done with the weight loss phase. Going to be slowly adding more food back to my diet until I work out where my maintenance level is. So glad to have this done. Low body fat / weight might be good for power to weight ratio, but it's done nothing for my energy levels and mood.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

In an effort to distract myself from todays bleak news, I threw myself on the scales not expecting much...but another half kilo off and down to 66Kg. I should be fair chuffed, but it's more 'meh' today.

Greetz

S.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I'm still losing weight, by virtue of having to work slowly back up to my maintenance intake level. I'm not happy about it.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A day late this time as I was out riding, hopefully yesterdays 'troughing" won't lead to any rebound. http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... 70#p106370

Down to 83.5Kg so I'm halfway to my target :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Updated. First target hit!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Forgot about this. Will join back up and just on the scales one morning soon
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Hello fatties!

I can't help but notice there has been a distinct drop off in interest in this over the recent weeks. I don't mind as I am doing this for me (as we all are) and its completely up to you if you want to continue to post up your weight.

Just try to remember why you wanted to start on this journey in the first place, you must have wanted to archive something or why else submit to the public view. I have made progress - definitely not easy progress, its very hard in many ways. But so far I have lost around 5 kg, half way to my end of year target and if we ALL KEEP AT IT then I am positive we will all see results we can look back at and say, yes i was part of that.

Knowing that you lot are all watching keeps me for hitting the fridge and comfort eating junk - I eat less of the bad stuff and feel better for it. I do love cake mind, cake....cake...CAKE!

Please post up this week, good or bad and we will see how this goes. If the interest continues to wain then so be it but there are more prizes to be had - next one will be handed out at the WRT (so if you are going yo stand a very good chance of winning :-))-
Last edited by NorwayCalling on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I just had a bunch of cake. I'm still kicking arse though. :-bd
Fat tyre kicker

I'm still on it, weigh day on Monday :-bd
Ian

Post by Ian »

64.6kg this morning, so target hit :cool:

In fact, haven't been that weight since 2000.
gairym

Post by gairym »

I'm still on it and am constantly reading this thread.

Just not had much time to actively participate of late.

Did a 400km bikepacking excursion around the upcoming Veneto Gravel event route earlier this week so at least I'm getting the miles in now (as well as mostly eating/drinking better/less).

Will get myself weighed asap and the numbers updated.....

Cheers for keeping this going, it's useful to have it to spur me on and keep up the good work everyone!
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

01.01.17 98kg
15.01.17 98kg
30.01.17 98.5kg
04.02.17 97.7kg
20.02.17 98.1kg
07.02.17 96.7kg
01.03.17 98.1kg

Ive been putting this off because I knew where it was going and can't say I'm surprised. I've been putting in 10-11 hour days at work for the past 3-4 weeks, so missing the early morning dog walking.

Ive been doing some comfort eating with it too. Things have been just a bit emotional lately and reaching out to my (very supportive) mates has meant several nights at the curry house. That's going to stop. And another thing. I'm not sleeping well - just can't stop thinking about stuff - so I'm falling asleep on the sofa with the tele on to take my mind off things, waking up at 3am, feeling hungry and heading straight to the fridge. Im not quite making fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches (#elvisfavefoods) but it's not far off.

However, the light at the end of this hopefully short tunnel is that I'm actually on my sofa watching the Boat Race, fresh out of the shower from a 90min blat around my local woods. It was lovely - warm but fresh and the trails have dried out really well. When I got back in my little girl said I looked happy and then told me I should try to get out more often ... she's a smart one.

I think that's all I need. A few more endorphins.
I'm just going outside ...
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Defo keep it going .... I'm down 1.5 stone so far, my boy Mitch is down over 2st, it certainly helps keeping me focused.
Folks will drop out but not everyone. Thanks for your efforts ! Weigh day tomorrow :)
Fat tyre kicker

Original post updated 17st 8 , a tad down on a fortnight ago but still no riding
And limited exercise, back to the hossie for more bloods this week so not too
Unhappy, low carbs high protein seems to suit my body :-S
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Put on 2kg in last two days thanks to birthday weekend excesses. lol