BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Post by Richard G »

Really strange... I'm eating roughly what had me losing a ton of weight earlier in the year, except, my weight has been rock solid constant.

I don't mind too much, because I'm back to setting PRs in the weight room, but still, very odd.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Not my last weigh in, but had a cheeky check this morn and was 16st 8.... well happy :-bd
Hopefully will remember to redo on the 31st :grin: ...after the trifle :shock:
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

The FINAL WEIGH IN TIME is apon us... how did we all do? Did you achieve your goal?

Me... 2017 was a crap year in many ways, but I did suceed in dropping from 90.6 kg to ........ 85.4 kg and have been around that weight since April.

So i didn't get to my 80.0kg target ... but I have maintained the 5kg weight drop since April and as a result my (NHS) BMI from 28.6 to 27.2

Am I happy...yes, I suppose I am but I know I could have done more...

Could I have done this without the good people on here.... no, definitely not. So a big thank you to you all.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Ended up exactly back where I was last year at 87Kg. I did drop to 83Kg but regained it all in the last quarter of the year. :|
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Although not officially 'in', I did tag along for the ride. The end result is a reduction of about 10lb and 3% body fat which I've maintained fairly easily since the middle of the year.

Well done to everyone who stepped up to the mark.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Well done to everyone who stuck it out and didn't give up :-bd

I'm embarrassed to say things went totally pear (or zeplin) shaped for me with pretty much an annus horriblis and weight gained. I know its no excuse, but my buggered knee and other on going issues have put me in both a mental and physical pit that's been hard to get out off. :sad:

So is there a new fatfighters starting for 2018?? My knee and wrist are still buggered and waiting to be seen, but I'm determined to crack on and deal with what I can deal with, my diet. :-bd
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

Aye doing this next year would be good, need to shift the flab I managed to gain from being out for months with an injured knee...I've been avoiding the scales of truth
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Ended up @ 69Kg...a far cry from the best of 66 that I managed half way through the year which was short lived.

Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ended up @ 69Kg...a far cry from the best of 66 that I managed half way through the year which was short lived.
I was the same Scott. An all time low in summer that was difficult to maintain without a very strict regime which would have been diffucult to keep up while actually trying to live life.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Fat tyre kicker

I'm 16'9 this morn,a pound on from the other day but still pleased,had a
Shitty few months cycling wise due to job changes but plans are afoot to
Make more time :roll: , will check my starting weight and update......could
We please keep this going, my wifey does S/world and begs me to go but
The thought of spending an hour with people who eat lettuce 24/7 freaks
Me out :grin: ......?
Edit;....started at 18'3....was 115.9kg now 105.9....10kg drop...I'm happy with
That,at least it's in the right direction :-bd
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

I wasn't in this one but I went from 14.5 to 11.10 just before the festivities began. But I'm now 12.4 lol I'll be back to the other side of 12 soon hopefully.
Well done everyone :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I'm at the heaviest I've been for more than a year. Still not concerned though. Anyone that saw how light I was for Leadville knew that it wasn't going to be a healthy place to stay.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Hi all,
Good to see you all here it's a while since I've been active on the forum.
Well done to those who were successful and well done to those that gave it a go but were well maybe not so successful, better to try and all that, and there's always next year.

Sad to say I haven't done too well it has been the year from hell, quite literally feeling like it too.
Well I already mentioned the renovation upthread, ended up overtime and budget, had to rebuild a wall that was about to collapse of it's own accord and a couple of other extras (worth it though) meant we ended up skint. Spent most of our holiday in August doing the tidy up, painting, shelves and that sort of stuff.
In April a very close friend passed away, he was a good age, but unexpected. I'll miss him a lot.
In July en route to Scotland I got a phone call to tell me Liam, whom I had known for 37 years and was about to spend two weeks kayaking with had just died of a heart attack. Never smoked, hardly drank, fit, not overweight and only sixty three. After his funeral I had a few days out on the bike but my heart wasn't in it and came home early. Felt really sorry for myself, the above two were the last two surviving friends I had and Liam and I had big plans for the kayaking e.g. we had hoped to spend the whole of October and into November exploring Croatia.
Moved from the east to west of Hungary (now near Pecs) as the wife got a new job. Majorly stressful move, but it's a nice house(comes with job hence flat above) and a much better area for cycling and walking.
So after a while of feeling very sorry for myself and pretty lonely, time to get to grips. (For the sake of completeness also had the big six 0 in November, probably because of the above that really freaked me out!!).
Sorry for the rambling post, first time I let it out anywhere.
So weight watchers lol. Afraid it didn't happen. On the 18th Jan started at 73.8. Early July for Scottish holiday dipped under 70, 69.7 iirc. And now 74.8! Not the heaviest I've ever been but getting close.
Roll on 2018, I'll be up for another go.
All the best to everyone for 2018.
Peter.
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Well I started the year at 78.8kg and have ended it at 79.4

Belly was 97cm and is 98 cm currently :sad:

To be honest I'm surprised it's not worse than it is. Too many weekends spent. This year, travelling to Sussex to clear out my late mum's house and eating junk food en route....

But I am fitter and am climbing hills marginally less slowly :-bd

Thanks to NC for organising this and all for the support.

Time to try again in 2018 - the warly part of my ywar shows it is possible. I'm determibed to get in better shape before I turn 50 in Dec '18....

& PeterC - it's good to let it out - here's to a better 2018...
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Richard G wrote:I'm at the heaviest I've been for more than a year. Still not concerned though. Anyone that saw how light I was for Leadville knew that it wasn't going to be a healthy place to stay.
And how heavy are you? Do you have to walk around in the shower to get wet? :grin:
I'm just going outside ...
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

TheBrownDog wrote:
Richard G wrote:I'm at the heaviest I've been for more than a year. Still not concerned though. Anyone that saw how light I was for Leadville knew that it wasn't going to be a healthy place to stay.
And how heavy are you? Do you have to walk around in the shower to get wet? :grin:
Not far off. He has to breathe in to cast a shadow :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I'm just shy of 1 stone 12lbs heavier than my lightest... and yes, I appreciate my lightest was ludicrous.

I now jiggle when I run. :(
Fat tyre kicker

Peter C. ....good for you letting it out, onwards and upwards now, keep us updated ?
ton

Post by ton »

21 stone 4lbs as of 10 minutes ago.
But now with 4 perfectly operating limbs......... :cool:

so onwards and upwards in the new year.
got my gear ready for my 1st Bam.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Weighed myself and.....wait for it.....I'm.....exactly 1kg lighter than my starting weight.

Boo!!!

But clearly that's what happens when you do nothing about actually losing weight.

Loads of excuses, reasons and justifications etc... but the truth is that when I get busy and stressed I eat crap and drink beer.

But it's 2018 now so I can start all over again - let's see what I can do.....

Well done everyone who managed to achieve some progress and keep up the good work everyone!