The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

firestarter

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by firestarter »

Sean_iow do they do other areas do you know or is it a local thing for local people ;)
JerseyMountainBiker

Post by JerseyMountainBiker »

whitestone wrote:This one's 8x5 which will be big enough for me. Had extra lifters added similar to the Alpkit tarps (carefully avoiding swear filter here :wink: ), also had a couple of internal attachment points added, partly to attach a lifter from the bivy bag to keep that off my face and partly for an idea I have that may or may not work.

Not had a cuben fibre tarp before so there'll need to be some testing in the garden before I use it in anger.
I'd be really interested in a bit more information on the layout of lifters you went for. I will be getting one of these and looking at adding lifters/attachment points - don't want to miss any brilliant ideas you or others have had :grin:
danielgroves

Post by danielgroves »

DD Superlight Tarp turned up yesterday :-bd

Quite impressed with the service given I only ordered it on Friday sometime in the afternoon.
Adventures and Photography Blog: danielgroves.net/adventures-photography
Twitter: @danielsgroves
Instagram: @danielsgroves
Photography on Facebook: facebook.com/danielgrovesphotography
Photography on Instagram: @danielgrovesphotography
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

My Rab Survival Zone bivi was collected on Friday and slept in on Saturday. A great size, not too big and not too small. Probably a keeper.
danielgroves

Post by danielgroves »

Outdoor Research Helium bivvy just arrived and some guys from Stu :-bd

They're somewhat skinnier than they look in the pictures!
Adventures and Photography Blog: danielgroves.net/adventures-photography
Twitter: @danielsgroves
Instagram: @danielsgroves
Photography on Facebook: facebook.com/danielgrovesphotography
Photography on Instagram: @danielgrovesphotography
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Another Shimano dynamo hub from a nice UPS man.
May the bridges you burn light your way
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

My Siltarp1 arrived the other day. Definitely yellow... Well, it was only 24 pounds... :lol:

Just as well it arrived when it did as I'm presently in the middle of moving north...
Give the dirt a little room.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Some Giro Gauge shoes arrived from the north. Thanks Martin...they're a good fit.

Greetz

S.
RIP

Post by RIP »

10 x bamboo socks, 3 x bamboo leggings, 3 x bamboo sleeved vests from bambooclothing.co.uk. Just don't tell panda.....

R
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Ian

Post by Ian »

RIP wrote:Just don't tell panda.....

R
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Not strictly the postman, but my new bike to work scheme commuter, for my cycle/ train/ cycle commute into London.

A fixed wheel Airnimal Chameleon (built up by the shop in 2010, using a 2010 10th Anniversary frame and an eno eccentric rear hub and has sat unsold for 7 years until I came along :shock: So a nice chunky discount before the bike to work scheme savings. Stupidly, they fitted a non QR front brake and you have to remove the front wheel to fold it... so that'll get changed soon. and I've got some orange ESI bar tape at home which *might* get fitted to match the orange highlights!

Fitted my Cambium saddle and am awaiting the arrival of a Carradice Super C saddle bag and QR bagman support for my work bag.

Apologies for the quick pic at work with my mobile:

and just to make Zippy feel better about his BMW bits buying habit - genuine discs, pads and sensors for my E39 540i touring... nice discount from Cotswold BMW via another forum.

Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

firestarter wrote:Sean_iow do they do other areas do you know or is it a local thing for local people ;)
Only just noticed your question. The wife saw it in a shop whilst she was occupying herself when I was off enjoying myself riding. She thinks they had other areas but they were all the Devon area, might be a local artist....

Just looked on the back and it's got the artists details. #-O You can commission any area you want.

https://francesholgatedesign.wordpress. ... -pictures/

On the subject of post, this just arrived.

I was going to order last year and then forgot, sorry Dave. I saw it mentioned again recently and ordered it straight away this time.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

And brought a pile of bits and pieces, inner tubes, brake pads, grease, Park tyre boot, which I'll hopefully never need. More bikepacking related was a Topeak 18+ multitool lighter than the current Alien and more functions than the other one I have, looks good. Also got a Vaude cruiser bag, being a shorty, frame space and standover is at a premium so this little frame bag I hope will be useful for bits and bob for some trips planned in the summer.
ton

Post by ton »

a very unfashionable normal bog standard and relatively cheap mountain bike. it is comfy, quickish, has a full supplement of gears, and the whole bike cost half as much as the mega expensive, but no where near as nice to ride Jones+ it has replaced.
a lesson learned that spending money on niche products is sometimes a silly thing to do.

Image2017-05-08_01-38-23 by 20ston, on Flickr
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Nice bike Ton :-bd I see it appears to be Deore equipped, at least going by the chainset. Deore for me always represented best bang for buck, after which the rather expensive law of diminishing returns started biting in earnest
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

I learnt a similar lesson Tony, not on my Jones I love that but on another very expensive bike. But as much as I love the Jones the pinnacle ramin ride absolutely perfect
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Nice one Tony. If that's set up for you then it looks like a proper size too. I hope you get your wrist/hand comfort thing sorted.
ton

Post by ton »

ScotRoutes wrote:Nice one Tony. If that's set up for you then it looks like a proper size too. I hope you get your wrist/hand comfort thing sorted.

ridden 50 miles on it since friday. wrist feels pretty pain free so far.
when i first rode the bike it felt short, but after a few miles it felt perfect.

fingers crossed..... :cool:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

You'll never sort your hand pain like that :lol:
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Some carbon poles from Stuart - bloody excellent - dont know why didnt get some ages ago! :-bd
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Treadlite Gear (eBay) Cuben fibre mini lantern. Only weighs 8g, more importantly it provides enough light to see around inside bivvy/tent. Perfect for late spring / summer when nights are short and not much light needed.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

You've just reminded me that I needed to order one of those.
quimarche

Post by quimarche »

Just in: Mount Skidmore bottle cage adapter in black. How much more black could this be? None. Sterling service once again from Wildcat Gear.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not Gwyn the post ... but Dee came home from a Mersey mission (she went to Stockport :wink: ) with a newly built dynamo wheel after she kindly called in at emporium Keep Padalling for me. Very happy as with some careful shopping, the entire wheel owes me less than the price of an SP hub :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

A replacement bivi pole for the Z Packs one that failed during a breezy bivi on the WRT, from the UKs bivi pole industrial complex...