The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by benp1 »

A 3 litre primus ETA pot, perfect for bikepacking... not!

But it should be good for family use
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Dr Nick wrote:
and just to make Zippy feel better about his BMW bits buying habit - genuine discs, pads and sensors for my E39 540i touring... nice discount from Cotswold BMW via another forum.

Funny you should say that!

I have a load of AC o-rings, a few litres of genuine BMW coolant and some other assorted bits and bobs from Cotswold BMW with a nice discount via another forum. Also have some new boot struts, OEM thermostat and new OEM electric waterpump (which will have to be returned as I'm not happy with the oil leak it appears to have - but I bought it via Estonia..!). Oh, and few little thingies to keep the bicycles in shape.

Nothing exciting here, just a few £hundred to keep things in good running order :roll:

130 (10-05-2017) by Chris Reeves, on Flickr
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Just had some of that finish line stuff arrive too. Taking it on my next multi day with me.
mat_swan

Post by mat_swan »

Tiny little early rider bike for my OH's niece. It's vaguely exciting. Lovely shiney tubes. Would add a picture but can't figure out how to make it small enough on my phone
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A set of Hope Tech3 X2 brakes and rotors to replace the Shimano XT brakes currently on the bike. Had to go with black as none of the other colours would go particularly well with the frame colour. Well, not unless you are on some psycho-active substance. :lol:

Now just have to rebuild the bike ready for next weekend but hopefully I'll have it done by tomorrow night - tonight's main job is fixing new frame protection tape.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

....with, yep you guessed it, more bamboo undies! Honestly it's like the panda enclosure at London Zoo here. The only slightly worrying thing is I've gone back to the rest of the website I bought them from - normally I wouldn't bother or have time to look at anything other than the stuff I'm ordering - and it's a bit, well, see what you think: https://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns. I mean who, hand on heart, can say they've haven't considered the merits of sticking, say, a Thunder Grenade Mk2 Starter Pack in their seatpack "just in case"?

R
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Welcome to the world of airsoft! :lol:

Ever hiked 6 miles with 4kg of pea grenades/smoke grenades and a couple blank firing grenades? Perfectly acceptable aslong as its on private land and you carry a toy gun :lol:

Know the shop well, used to be friendly with Frenchie there before the drama a while back. Dont see them at many trade shows anymore though.

Ah...the even more ridiculous side to my hobbies... :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

"the drama" - that sounds fascinating! I suspect you might be understating the story there a bit :wink:. I can see the newspaper headlines: "no honestly I thought I was opening a packet of peas to show the packed classroom, but it turned out to be a packet of pea GRENADES. Oh how we laughed in the intensive care unit later at my easy mistake" :smile: .

There does seem to be a connection here between our military friends and bamboo - I usually get it from military1st (strictly an under-the-counter job).
Last edited by RIP on Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm saying no more without a lawyer present :wink:

May the bridges you burn light your way
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Nice, you've got one on test?

The specs on that sounds very cool... I was quite jealous compared with my much more basic Arkose 2 but it's slightly out of my price range!
RIP

Post by RIP »

I've gone a bit confused here (no change there then) - Arkose Ltd? Companies House w/site says "Manufacture of industrial textiles" based at "Rectal Mills, Bradford". Ah no, sorry, that's RECTA Mills. Whatever. What's that there thingy thing picture there then?

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What's that there thingy thing picture there then?
It's a limited edition Pinnacle Arkose Reg.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ah thanks. I really REALLY like the sound of "rediscovering carefree pleasure"; pleasure being hugely under-rated in my view, especially the "carefree" variety. But unfortunately, because I'm a complete heathen, I stopped reading after the bit where it said "dropped handlebars" :wink: <cowers down waiting for a slap>

Instead, I've had a beer now, so for my Cheery Friday (damn, wrong thread, told you I was confused) I might pop up the woods (on me non-dropped bike) and see if any ursine characters are partaking of an alfresco informal meal............

HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Sadly when it comes to airsoft, drama mostly means politics, ego, and self appointed leaders of nothing. Its why i dont play anymore, bikes are much less stressful (seriously)

Well for my trail center days out with the fiance' weve both decided to go back to flat pedals.
She loved it right away (there was little reason for her to move to clipless) but a learning curve for me, i went clipped because i couldn't keep my feet on the pedals :roll:

Enter a shiny pair of Nukeproof Pedals with shin ripping pins! Bright blue for her and a black set for me!

After a trip to the forrest of dean i think i prefer flats now......clippless made riding easier and better, but i think flats will make ME a better rider. No excuses or cheating now, i have to learn to descend properly :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Well sadly no picnics up the woods last night, bears or otherwise, so just had to content myself riding around crashing into trees and things in the dark. Still, my bum cream turned up today - Udderly Smooth 227g. Cheaper than the more famous one - Arsoles Cream or whatever it's called. And it's got a picture of a nice cow on it rather than a bum so that's preferable too. I've got no fat on me at all so no padding, so a bit more chafing. I once had one of those body fat index tests things done at a fete and they thought the machine was broken - no reading at all. Even a fat-free yogurt has got more fat than me. And I've been exactly 10st0lbs since I was 18, hence no appearance on the weigh-in thread, sorry about that. Anyway, normally I ride with bamboo undies, then padded shorts, then leggings/shorts. For WRT I omitted the undies and chafing was much less (probably cos no seams). Without going into detail, one has to maintain a somewhat more rigorous, er, system, but it was much better. The bum cream experiment is the next stage so we'll see what happens. All I need to do now is advertise for a personal assistant to apply it at appropriate moments.

R

slarge

Post by slarge »

No bike bits, but just picked up a Countax ride on mower. Spent the afternoon scalping the grass.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

HaYWiRe wrote:After a trip to the forrest of dean i think i prefer flats now......clippless made riding easier and better, but i think flats will make ME a better rider. No excuses or cheating now, i have to learn to descend properly :lol:
Amen brother.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Dog 2 has been slowly destroying the lead I've had for dog 1 for 7 years

New lead arrived - ruffwear flat out leash

I use a lead round my waist for hands free walking and biking
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

Dirk has sent me a warranty replacement Cycle2charge USB unit - really quickly via Amazon. Like I emailed him at 8pm middle of last week and hed replied and sorted it all before lights out.

Id had good use out of the previous unit even at low speeds; it was always putting a few useful milliamps into the cache battery, but then it died in a recent ride. I explained the the need for a quick solution due to the HT550 coming up and got a better than expected response so :-bd Dirk - all the way.

I reckon the usb port had come loose on the original unit and I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of the Dartmoor weather was getting in via the through-bolt, so this time I've dabbed a bit of silicon sealant onto the bolt and put a square of insulation over the top. I've sent the original unit back so he can check to see what went wrong.

Good price and great service.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A new Absolute Black 32T oval chainring - hopefully that's the source of the slight noise in the new drivetrain sorted out and some spare brake pads for the newly fitted brakes.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

A bag of coffee. From a coffee roaster 'back home'.

With a note, saying it's a 6 month subscription for 'coffee of the month'. For six month.

But no note as to who it's from....

:-bd
Give the dirt a little room.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Mmmm.....nice Ti :mrgreen: .....that's a serious looking letter opener ! :shock:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Dirk has sent me a warranty replacement Cycle2charge USB unit - really quickly via Amazon. Like I emailed him at 8pm middle of last week and hed replied and sorted it all before lights out.

Id had good use out of the previous unit even at low speeds; it was always putting a few useful milliamps into the cache battery, but then it died in a recent ride. I explained the the need for a quick solution due to the HT550 coming up and got a better than expected response so :-bd Dirk - all the way.

I reckon the usb port had come loose on the original unit and I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of the Dartmoor weather was getting in via the through-bolt, so this time I've dabbed a bit of silicon sealant onto the bolt and put a square of insulation over the top. I've sent the original unit back so he can check to see what went wrong.

Good price and great service.
Good to hear that, I'm about to fit one.

I'll dab a bit of silicone on to seal the bolt as well, can't hurt. Thanks for the heads up.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Some Berghaus walking trousers, found some in a long length - woo hoo!

A Berghaus Capucin as a present for my wife's best friend. I have a hooded Capucin and it's bloody excellent!