The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mart

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Mart »

Richard G wrote:
barney wrote:Couple of little purchases arrived this week…

Ultralight Cuben Fiber Led Camping Lantern as recommended by Mr Climber, super-lightweight (9g) and easily bright enough for use in a tarp/tent/bothy

Looks interesting. Where did you get that?
don't know if it's the same but i've had good stuff from 'Tread Lite Gear' via eBay
Think he makes his own - I like his stuff
2924 miles per Gallon
benp1

Post by benp1 »

For an even lighter approach, try pointing your light at a bottle, preferably filled with water or a similar liquid. Makes an excellent lantern!

Exposure beacon is also quite useful, though heavier than the item in the post above
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

I have a couple of bags from 'Tread lite gear', bought direct from
eBay, excellent service and product :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Cheers, will have a look.
barney

Post by barney »

Mart wrote:
Richard G wrote:

Ultralight Cuben Fiber Led Camping Lantern as recommended by Mr Climber, super-lightweight (9g) and easily bright enough for use in a tarp/tent/bothy

don't know if it's the same but i've had good stuff from 'Tread Lite Gear' via eBay
Think he makes his own - I like his stuff
Yeah, this one is from the guy on ebay £7 but I believe he also sells them through Ultralight Outdoors
Wait for me...
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Nordisk Telemark 2. Wanted a bigger floor size, smaller packsize and lighter mountain marathon tent. So far fits all the bills.
MarkJS

Post by MarkJS »

GregMay wrote:Nordisk Telemark 2. Wanted a bigger floor size, smaller packsize and lighter mountain marathon tent. So far fits all the bills.
Great tent, had one for 3 years, just be cautious with pitch orientation in strong winds.

And either seal up the holes that allow you to remove the little corner poles or wind a little gorilla tape around them - the pole sleeves seem to slide down occasionally and the tent can lose its tension.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Montane down hat, its lush!

Still awaiting on some batteries for my front light. Postie has two days to deliver.... :shock:
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

Super nice Borah Gear Bivvy bag, only 185g inc stuff bag. Sleeping mat fits inside the bag which is nice. $98 + £12 to HMRC :-bd
Attachments
Bivvy.jpg
Bivvy.jpg (107.23 KiB) Viewed 4534 times
Never knowingly under biked...
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

£12 to HMRC

Seems like this is a lottery.
I got charged £14 :shock:
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Another pair of Inov8 trainers (Race Ultra 290). Just for wearing like, comfiest things ever :cool:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

GregMay wrote:Nordisk Telemark 2. Wanted a bigger floor size, smaller packsize and lighter mountain marathon tent. So far fits all the bills.
Just got one myself, seems to be a winner. The adjustable vestibule is a great idea.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Agree - I'm frankly stunned by how light it is.

Apparently, they have a 440g one in the pipes at the moment - two person as well :O
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

Richard G wrote:

The eBay store of the guy that makes all the Cuben fibre stuff.

I've got a few items from him really good.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/treadlitegear/

He also has a new products thread on the trek lite forum.

http://www.trek-lite.com/index.php?thre ... read.1100/

He does the occasional custom request as well I believe.
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Nordisk Telemark 2. Wanted a bigger floor size, smaller packsize and lighter mountain marathon tent. So far fits all the bills.
LW or ULW?

Looked at them, had finger poised on buy button but decided on a Force 10 at less than half the price. So, footprint or not? :lol:
Give the dirt a little room.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I picked up mine for £300 from wiggle, I went for the LW as it's under KG and rattles about in a small bag attached to an anything cage. Its very easy to pitch as well, as a solo tent it's very roomy for the weight. I've added the additional guy lines to mine but it's pretty stable with just four, I can't see me lugging my nallo along unless I expect serious weather.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Igaro D1
2 Fat B Nimbles in 27.5 flavour and a new giant xtc advanced that I'm stripping to build up to my spec.
Essentially bought it for the frame and groupset. Unfortunately it's missing the intergrated seatclamp and there's none in the country as it's a new model, and this one came from the Netherlands...... so looks nice in the garage until I can get one. :roll:
MarkJS

Post by MarkJS »

Revelate frame bag which appears to be just about a perfect fit for the marin pm frame.

Just need to find a couple of harnesses and seatpacks to get set up for some weekend trips with the better half.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

He was a day late but he brought me 3 pair of Crikey, how much socks :o which were an unexpected Valentines present from the wife, bit embarrassing as I didn't buy her anything :oops:

I also got my Exposure branded PD-8X hub back from CRC. It was returned under warranty due to play in the bearings. I thought from reading the info on the Exposure website that it would be exchanged for one that had previously been returned and sent back to SP for new bearings but there is no sign that the hub has ever been built up so I think it's a brand new unit :grin: So, is there any way to tell if it's an original model or the updated version?

Edit, since I started typing this I have googled the drawings of the hubs and the 01 version (2013) drawing has the flanges at a different spacing to the 04 (2016) drawing so I'll have to wait until I get home from work to measure the returned hub to see which drawing it matches. If it does have a different spacing to the original one I returned I'll also have to re-run the spoke calc to make sure the original spokes are still going to be the right length.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

metalheart wrote:
LW or ULW?

Looked at them, had finger poised on buy button but decided on a Force 10 at less than half the price. So, footprint or not? :lol:
LW - I can poo out the weight difference. No footprint. It'll only really be used for mountain marathons, have other tents for camping and prefer a bivi for bikewandering.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Backcountry Research Mütherload arrived this morning. 44g with the tag still on it, so not too bad in the weight stakes. Thanks for the headsup on BB33 Stu. :)

Greetz

S.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

More details to follow later this week :wink:
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Got a new toy in the post. Image

First I tried it out on one of my cars after a run...

flir_20170218T194139 by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

Then I might have misused the technology with some toilet humour Image

170219-Flir_test by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

I will try it out on a bike later Image
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Spent my birthday cash on a Mammut ultimate light SO softshell from Tiso in Edinburgh today, it was a bargain reduced from £170 to £90. Hopefully the gore windstopper is a bit more breathable than my Event hardshell and it should be fine for 90% of my rides.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Picked up a Trekker Stealth 1.5 tent brand new and unused on eBay at a bit of a bargain price :grin:
Old tent (2.9kg) on the right, Trekker (came complete with a set of Stu's poles) on the left. It weighs in a 858g without the pegs or 919g with them.

Not had chance to put it up yet - its this one though (mine is grey 30D Silnylon).