The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'll ask Stu for a smaller windshield for my meths stove and then need to find a shorter bottle for the meths - pretty sure I'll have something kicking around.
How tall is it Colin?
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Replacement Exposure Joystick charger. Whilst I like the light, and the blingy colour because I'm so shallow, and the service from Exposure is exemplary to be fair, this is the fourth problem. First was the "universal joint" thingy on the headmount pinged off and disappeared into the undergrowth, the second was the plastic screw in the headmount has a correspondingly delicate allen-key hole (easy to strip), the third was the rear of the mount also fell off at one point. This last charger issue was the cover came off as I was attempting to extract the charger from a socket (honest guv, it come orf in me 'ands), rather playfully exposing (hah) some live circuitry (which wasn't live 'cos I'd switched off the socket, but....). I do jinx lights though TBH. Ages ago, a Lumicycle halogen light pod fell off my bars into the road. Just stooping to pick it up and a lorry ran over it squashing it to the thickness of graphene and a rather amusing pattern on the road. Posted it to them - in an envelope :grin:
- wondering if they could repair it please :wink:. Couple of days later a duplicate new one turns up with a note: "wasn't easy but we've restored it" :lol:. 11/10 for humour and service.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A couple of Garmin GPS bike mounts (the Etrex/Oregon type) and a centrelock to 6 bolt adaptor. The latter because I'd failed to notice until the wheel was built up that the dynamo hub I bought the other week was centrelock :roll:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Mart

Post by Mart »

Cordless Dremmel and some attachments - a few nice things to do this weekend :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

A birthday BB carbon pole! It’s so much better than the ally one it’s replaced, as it just doesn’t flex. :-bd
BigRingGrinder

Post by BigRingGrinder »

New sleeping bag (Rab Neutrino 200) to replace my 10 year old Vango. To be fair there wasn't much wrong with the Vango but the Rab one should save a couple of hundred grams or so. Bit surprised with the 'compression' stuff sac that came with it though, doesn't seem to compress it down a great deal so may use the one that came with the Vango for that.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

A bunch of sports nutrition stuff. I've been failing on my nutrition for some time now (during races) and I've got a few ideas on how to fix it.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Bit surprised with the 'compression' stuff sac that came with it though, doesn't seem to compress it down a great deal so may use the one that came with the Vango for that.
Throw the stuff sack away - store it uncompressed when not using it and stuff it directly into a dry bag when packing.
May the bridges you burn light your way
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

and dropped off some new gel mitts to use with the gravel bike since unpadded gloves are leaving me with pins and needles in the hands.
Ian

Post by Ian »

A box of shiny Chris King bits from AVT in the US. Not much on customs duty either, which was nice :cool:
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

RIP wrote:Replacement Exposure Joystick charger. Whilst I like the light, and the blingy colour because I'm so shallow, and the service from Exposure is exemplary to be fair, this is the fourth problem. First was the "universal joint" thingy on the headmount pinged off and disappeared into the undergrowth, the second was the plastic screw in the headmount has a correspondingly delicate allen-key hole (easy to strip), the third was the rear of the mount also fell off at one point. This last charger issue was the cover came off as I was attempting to extract the charger from a socket (honest guv, it come orf in me 'ands), rather playfully exposing (hah) some live circuitry (which wasn't live 'cos I'd switched off the socket, but....). I do jinx lights though TBH. Ages ago, a Lumicycle halogen light pod fell off my bars into the road. Just stooping to pick it up and a lorry ran over it squashing it to the thickness of graphene and a rather amusing pattern on the road. Posted it to them - in an envelope :grin:
- wondering if they could repair it please :wink:. Couple of days later a duplicate new one turns up with a note: "wasn't easy but we've restored it" :lol:. 11/10 for humour and service.
There’s a good reason for the helmet mount being designed like that. Although it is annoying and I’ve had both those ‘faults’ too. Plastic screw so you can’t over tighten and crash your helmet and the universal joint will come of in a crash or when you skim you head on a tree branch in my case :roll:
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Blackburn Outpost seat pack, rather bigger than my Alpkit Tapered bag I use currently but looks like a good bit of kit and should reduce the faffage of taking the Alpkit bag off and re-fitting it. Will test it out this weekend on my BAM with Gill
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Oh and some rather nice Gore bib shorts as well as the chamois fell out of my Altura's
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

My chartered engineer certificate from the engineering council.

Which was nice :-bd
Give the dirt a little room.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

metalheart wrote:My chartered engineer certificate from the engineering council.

Congrats.

Now you have that and have been in the job for a year - it's party time????
RIP

Post by RIP »

"good reason for the helmet mount" - hmm, 'spose, go on then :wink:. Must be a way of doing that without compromising "normal" use though. Presumably the charger's top comes off to permit easy cleaning of the circuitry :smile:. Anyway, fair play to Exposure for replacing.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Congrats.

Why thank you.

Party? You know they closed all the phone boxes now, right?

Celebrating with a flexi day (for a change) tomorrow as it’s been 14 months now. And a bivvy trip (as you know) the weekend :-bd
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

metalheart wrote:
ScotRoutes wrote:
metalheart wrote:My chartered engineer certificate from the engineering council.

Congrats.

Why thank you.

Party? You know they closed all the phone boxes now, right?

Celebrating with a flexi day (for a change) tomorrow as it’s been 14 months now. And a bivvy trip (as you know) the weekend :-bd
Congrats from me. :-bd Which particular engineering discipline? I keep putting off even bothering coz I’m really not interested in the discipline I’m in…and should really change! :|
chris n

Post by chris n »

Some SPD sandals. :cool:
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Which particular engineering discipline?
Building services (HVAC & public health) through CIBSE.

It’s only taken me 19 years since my stage 1 :lol:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

And delivered some Kalf Terra Shorts. These are a warranty replacement. I bought the first based on a recommendation of here. I saw them in sale at the start of the year so took the plunge. Being summer wear it was only recently I wore them. Two rides in and the crotch panel had unbonded. Shame. They're exactly what I was after. Still, Evans were easy to deal with and there was no quibble about replacement.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

RIP wrote:"good reason for the helmet mount" - hmm, 'spose, go on then :wink:. Must be a way of doing that without compromising "normal" use though. Presumably the charger's top comes off to permit easy cleaning of the circuitry :smile:. Anyway, fair play to Exposure for replacing.

If the screw is too long it will push the holder off more than easily. There’s usually two screws in the packet.

Ask me how I know that :oops:
techno

Post by techno »

ianfitz wrote:If the screw is too long it will push the holder off more than easily. There’s usually two screws in the packet.

Ask me how I know that :oops:
I know why know that, as I also know :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

"There’s usually two screws" - in retrospect therein lay my problem. As so often the case, two were advertised and promised but only one was actually on offer when it came to the crunch. And to be honest even that one took a hell of a lot of coaxing before I got anywhere, and, really, the whole experience hasn't lived up to initial expectations. Stick Of Joy indeed...

Very peaceful in here this evening, anybody'd think something was going on.

(Hope you're having a fab time on the Porthmadog Pootle folks.... bit jealous really, but as said, it's 15 minutes past my bedtime and I'm nodding off already. I know, "DBS").

ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

ScotRoutes wrote:And delivered some Kalf Terra Shorts. These are a warranty replacement. I bought the first based on a recommendation of here. I saw them in sale at the start of the year so took the plunge. Being summer wear it was only recently I wore them. Two rides in and the crotch panel had unbonded. Shame. They're exactly what I was after. Still, Evans were easy to deal with and there was no quibble about replacement.
And it turns out I've been sent X-Large instead of Medium. The sewn-in label is correct, they've been wrongly tagged .....