The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by benp1 »

My jersey also arrived, cheers Stu

Also a wireless charger for my phone, such a simple improvement but so much easier that wasting all of 2 seconds plugging in a cable
FLV

Post by FLV »

A 27.2 dropper post for non bikepacking riding, not many about and I wasn't willing to pay thomson prices, so hope its not a pile of poo.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

FLV wrote:A 27.2 dropper post for non bikepacking riding, not many about and I wasn't willing to pay thomson prices, so hope its not a pile of poo.
Whatcha got? (in similar market and have same aversion to Thompson - lovely bu £££££!!). Be interested to know if it's a viable/ reliable option.
FLV

Post by FLV »

Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Whatcha got?
a PNW Pine, 110mm travel.
https://www.pnwcomponents.com/collectio ... opper-post

It looks nicely made, properly packaged etc. I wanted external cable but they do an internal too. Like I say, hope its not a pile of poo. My only point of reference is a cheapo one a mate had that was always broken and a Rockshox reverb on a previous bike.
Happy to report back after a few rides
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

...and dropped off some more tools...master link pliers and piston press. And a VP1 kit as I've been half arsing things in this dept. for too long - I can feel you staring at me BRG. :)

At this rate I might be able to build a bike with minimal swearing.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Scattamah wrote:...and dropped off some more tools...master link pliers and piston press. And a VP1 kit as I've been half arsing things in this dept. for too long - I can feel you staring at me BRG. :)

Greetz

S.
No Scott ,any kind of spanner wankery involves swearing of all kinds ,after 30yrs of it I know all too well ,I've even schooled my apprentice in the correct words to be used at the correct f*@k up :grin:
BigRingGrinder

Post by BigRingGrinder »

Scattamah wrote:...and dropped off some more tools...master link pliers and piston press. And a VP1 kit as I've been half arsing things in this dept. for too long - I can feel you staring at me BRG. :)

Greetz

S.
:lol: and :-bd
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC (battery pack) and case.

Been after one since first announced; whilst of limited interest for bikepacking, will be very useful for extended periods away from mains.

Will test in the garden tomorrow with the GZ solar panels already own. :geek:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Greetz

S.
Wishful thinking...having a full toolbox doesn’t lessen the moments when something slips,disappears inside something.....,,,oh you f**king b**tard occasions :-bd

Been at this since I was about 7..,.,,,,,,never learn
Still like nice tools though
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

There's always one more tool you need, always!!!

I'm currently collecting circlip pliers at a rate of knots...small ones, 4 pack Teng set, then the long reach ones for the brake piston, now need some heavy duty ones for car wheel bearings :roll:
middleagedmadness

Zippy wrote:There's always one more tool you need, always!!!

I'm currently collecting circlip pliers at a rate of knots...small ones, 4 pack Teng set, then the long reach ones for the brake piston, now need some heavy duty ones for car wheel bearings :roll:
02830000 Sykes pickavant ones mate ,been using them on commercial hubs and gear boxes for years , interchangeable ends so if they break not a problem (different size tips come with them )
All for princely sum of £35
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

FLV wrote:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Whatcha got?
a PNW Pine, 110mm travel.
https://www.pnwcomponents.com/collectio ... opper-post

It looks nicely made, properly packaged etc. I wanted external cable but they do an internal too. Like I say, hope its not a pile of poo. My only point of reference is a cheapo one a mate had that was always broken and a Rockshox reverb on a previous bike.
Happy to report back after a few rides

That looks great with the cx lever! Any ideas what the post weighs?
FLV

Post by FLV »

restlessshawn wrote: That looks great with the cx lever! Any ideas what the post weighs?
About 630g with the cable and lever (mtb) for mine. My scales aren't terribly accurate though.

I've done about 90km on it so far. It works. Push the lever and sit on, down it goes. Stand up and push the lever, up it pops. Nice little 'thunk' so you know it came all the way up. Only two things that could be negatives depending on perspective so far.
1. The little cable receptacle sticks out at 40 or 45 degrees. Whilst this makes for a neat cable run (as neat as it gets on a frame without external cable for it to join in with) if you are blessed with larger thighs and wanted to position your saddle at the rear of the zero offset clamp. You can touch the cable receptacle with an inner thigh. My thigh just touches it, slightly. Noticeable but I can ignore it for now.
2. Minor seat wobble side to side. Very minor really. My old RS reverb did it but I couldn't feel it whilst riding. If I sit and spin up a smooth road climb, I can feel it move, just. But again if it doesn't get worse I can ignore it for the benefit.

As I say, very minor points that I can live with for the benefit for me but worth noting if you are going to splash almost £200 on one.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

middleagedmadness wrote:
Zippy wrote:There's always one more tool you need, always!!!

02830000 Sykes pickavant ones mate ,been using them on commercial hubs and gear boxes for years , interchangeable ends so if they break not a problem (different size tips come with them )
All for princely sum of £35
How fortuitous - I ordered a set of those the other night, and didn't see this response until this morning! :-bd
middleagedmadness

They are one of the best sets I've bought (&cheapest) for being useful if you have a large circlip mate 100+mm then hold the jaws l Evelyn as you open them otherwise they start to twist a little
Edit - evenly, feckin predictive text
middleagedmadness

With a nice shiny calender ,cheers stu
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yes another very excellent calendar here thank you Stuart. Some inspiring photos to gaze at wistfully whilst festering indoors when one would prefer to be 'out there'. Interesting that the photos are of riders, on the face of it, having a "pleasant time" (although Pickers might beg to differ with my one of him in a precarious "ferry boat"). Maybe 2020's could be a "Don't Be Soft" version with close shaves in deep fords, storm-tossed bivis, tussock hells, last-piece-of-lemon-drizzle-scoffed-by-previous-arrival-back desperation, etc etc......
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

A pair of calendars landed here as well. That'll teach the rest of you not to send your pics in won't it!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

One of those Unior emergency cassette tools, from the eBay seller I linked to on the relevant thread. To be cast into my tool bag hopefully never to see the light of day (though maybe I should at least test it before it's needed in anger).

It came with a little plastic plate that it slots into - not sure if it's just packaging or to be used to stop the tool digging into your chain stay (or is it seat stay?).

The integrated spoke key is a nice touch - it may actually be weight-neutral since I can take my Spokey out.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

thenorthwind wrote:One of those Unior emergency cassette tools, from the eBay seller I linked to on the relevant thread. To be cast into my tool bag hopefully never to see the light of day (though maybe I should at least test it before it's needed in anger).

It came with a little plastic plate that it slots into - not sure if it's just packaging or to be used to stop the tool digging into your chain stay (or is it seat stay?).

The integrated spoke key is a nice touch - it may actually be weight-neutral since I can take my Spokey out.
If you watch their video it shows what the plastic plate is for. Don't bin it!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Whooooo

8 amazing pictures*

*and 4 of mine
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

johnnystorm wrote:
thenorthwind wrote:One of those Unior emergency cassette tools, from the eBay seller I linked to on the relevant thread. To be cast into my tool bag hopefully never to see the light of day (though maybe I should at least test it before it's needed in anger).

If you watch their video it shows what the plastic plate is for. Don't bin it!
Yeah I thought that's what it was for. Just thought it could probably be improvised with something else. I suppose it's not like it's heavy.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Looks like I'm the Lanterne Rouge of t shirt deliveries, picked mine up from the post office this morning. Nice fit and quality, even Mrs PB was impressed. Thanks Stuart.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

...and dropped off some very orange 'Boner jerseys. Ta Stu. Looking forward to sun fading those puppies.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Scattamah wrote:...and dropped off some very orange 'Boner jerseys. Ta Stu. Looking forward to sun fading those puppies.

Greetz

S.
At least you get to wear yours without arm warmers :cry: