The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by whitestone »

A PHD Summer Lite jacket from last week's flash sale. The packaging is nearly as heavy as the jacket! :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ootini

Post by ootini »

New helmet. Bought a Catlike Leaf as I knew that Catlike's designs fit my bizarre shaped head quite nicely, already owning a Catlike Tako. I was right, it fits like a glove, nice n cool and didn't break the bank: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/catlike-leaf-mtb-helmet-2/
burty

Post by burty »

after a near miss with a cheap Chinese carbon seat post and my anus :shock:
a rather expensive but nice enve carbon seat post arrived today with a nice 5 year warranty :-bd
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

A box from Charlie's sale arrived last week

Image20170721_095013 by Andy Wright, on Flickr

With the rear wheel build up with a new Halo 170mm Fat Hub from Triton Cycles, I now have this to play on :grin:

Image20170725_175533 by Andy Wright, on Flickr

Image20170725_185811 by Andy Wright, on Flickr
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Picked up a dehydrator on eBay to experiment with, much bigger than I expected it to be though!

5 tiers with each rack being 33cm in diameter
RIP

Post by RIP »

5-course banquet there then for you on your next outing Ben :smile:. Interested to hear how you get along with it.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

2016 Large Genesis Vagabond frameset in purple from Swinnertons, bargain too :-bd
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

PHD Hispar 300 from the summer lightening sale. Apparently includes the latest 'waterproof' outer shell material, sizing seems ok for me in standard width & length.

Looking forward to trying it out in anger...grrrr :grin:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Wotsits wrote:Looking forward to leaving it in a bag on the bike while I book into a hotel :grin:
Fixed that for you bruv.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

In Reverse wrote:
Wotsits wrote:Looking forward to leaving it in a bag on the bike while I book into a hotel :grin:
Fixed that for you bruv.
Only when it's forecast heavy rain all night :wink:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

One of those AliExpress tents. 833g without pole or pegs, and with fairly thick lines and thick support thingy to keep the vent open
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

A XT 11-40 cassette (jeez, its freakin huuuuge!), Shimano bleed kit & oil and Maxxis HR2 for my forthcoming set of 29er wheels for my SolarisMAX.

In addition to my wheels (ordered yetserday) I seem to ordered a SMD Lunar Solo LE.... how did that happen?..... :oops:
Give the dirt a little room.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Wotsits wrote:
In Reverse wrote:
Fixed that for you bruv.
Only when it's forecast heavy rain all night :wink:
Or when you pitch your tarp on the sprinklers :lol: :lol:
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Arghhhh, I was out Saturday and when I returned there was a RM card saying a parcel required my signature. That'll be my SMD lunar solo LE then.

To rub salt in the wounds I didn't get away from work early enough to get to the post hoffice before it shut. And jessops called to say my camera was in when I was enroute. And I'm off to a Fort William tomorrow so not much chance of getting in by for either of them....

Bugger....
techno

Post by techno »

Train tickets to skipton arrived, YD200 here we come :-bd
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

techno mail wrote:Train tickets to skipton arrived, YD200 here we come :-bd
Trainline comes up with £183 for a return to Skipton from my local station Long Buckby :shock: but I can get a return to Leeds for £86.50 :roll: . From Banbury it's £187.50 but from Rugby £75

In contrast I took a return from Long Buckby to Liverpool at the weekend for £37 return and rode past Skipton station on the Liverpool and Leeds Canal.....
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

It's about £9 single from Leeds to Skipton, trains run every half hour.

The trains have specific bike locations (hooks near the door to hang the bike by the front wheel) but so long as you aren't travelling at rush hour just get on and stand with your bike at the double door that will be to your right if you face in the direction of travel - depending on the platform at Leeds station you might get on the train through these doors or the ones on the opposite side. It will make sense when you get on the train. :wink:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Some warranty replacement Dainese Trail Skins, mine died in a very very wet lakes trip. No crashing, just didn't fare well in the wet

Now have Dainese Trail Skins 2, not worn them in anger but from trying them on I have to say they're an improvement on what was already a good pair of knee pads
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

whitestone wrote:It's about £9 single from Leeds to Skipton, trains run every half hour.

The trains have specific bike locations (hooks near the door to hang the bike by the front wheel) but so long as you aren't travelling at rush hour just get on and stand with your bike at the double door that will be to your right if you face in the direction of travel - depending on the platform at Leeds station you might get on the train through these doors or the ones on the opposite side. It will make sense when you get on the train. :wink:
Thanks Whitestone, I'll look at other route options and decide but most likely I'll drive. My post was more about the absurdity of the 'modern' railway system. I nearly got thrown off a Virgin train on Sunday because I didn't have a bike reservation. After I pointed out to the train manager that whilst I could book/pay/download a ticket for myself in seconds standing on the platform next to a soon to depart train. There was no way I could go through their complex method of booking a bike on in that time. Anyway he relented and let me put my bike in the empty guard van. At least then I only had a 10 mile ride to my car, rather than the 33 miles from Birmingham International :|
Wulfrunian

Post by Wulfrunian »

Postie's been very busy over that last couple of weeks bringing assorted frame decoration:
Salsa Firestarter forks from Charlie's with Hope 1.5" crown converter from Merlin
Hope Enduro Hoops from Winstanleys
Vittoria Goma 2.4" 29er tyres from ProBike kit (bagged the last pair at half price!)
XT stop 'n' go kit from CRC
Onza seatpost from Tredz
Plastic fantastic pedals from the Orient, via fleaBay

Gave postie a break and collected the Alpkit Love Mud riser bar and stem meself from the new Ambleside shop.

Nearly finished...
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

2 metres of permavent from BB HQ and a Alpkit Tivaro 13l dry bag.
Is it wrong that I'm quite excited to get home and see how my packing works out? :lol:
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

A tiny stove + even tinier experimental stove + cone shaped wind shield + meths bottle from some bloke in a barn in Wales.
Cheers Stu have to buy some Meths now. :-bd
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Finally got to the post hoffice...

ImageSMD Lunar Solo LE (front) by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

ImageSMD Lunar Solo LE (back) by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

A tiny stove + cone shaped wind shield + meths bottle from some bloke in a barn in Wales.
Me too..

Cheers Stu. :-bd
ton

Post by ton »

i took delivery of a very nice bike from Cotic yesterday. however there will be no pictures, my reason being, everytime i post a picture of a bike purchase, i usually end up selling the bike.
hopefully, this will be the bike to break that routine.
ridden it the last 2 days, it is fun. :grin: