Re: The post man's been ...

Post by ctznsmith »

Some socks.

I ignored everyones recommendations and got them from a UK sock company. :roll:

Will report back if good.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Another gilet successfully received. I particularly like the pockets. Might be very useful for running.....
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Short sleeved jersey arrived today, just in time for winter :wink: luckily I can wear the long sleeve bb jersey from last years batch that arrived just in time for summer :grin: although I've wore my long sleeve jersey throughout the summer anyway, in fact as I've worn it on all of my Bivi a Month rides I've slept in it 8 times this year :smile:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

A rather fetching bicycle was waiting for me when I got home.
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote:Short sleeved jersey arrived today, just in time for winter, luckily I can wear the long sleeve bb jersey from last years batch that arrived just in time for summer, although I've wore my long sleeve jersey throughout the summer anyway
Have been reading that Sean every five minutes since 8:26 and still can't get my meagre brain round it :-bd . Brilliantly Pythonesque :smile:. Does it mean you will have been going to wear both jerseys at the same time from next winter until last summer...or...er.... :grin:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote:
sean_iow wrote:Short sleeved jersey arrived today, just in time for winter, luckily I can wear the long sleeve bb jersey from last years batch that arrived just in time for summer, although I've wore my long sleeve jersey throughout the summer anyway
Have been reading that Sean every five minutes since 8:26 and still can't get my meagre brain round it :-bd . Brilliantly Pythonesque :smile:. Does it mean you will have been going to wear both jerseys at the same time from next winter until last summer...or...er.... :grin:
Sorry Reg, it does sound somewhat confusing now I read it back. What I was trying to convey is that just as my short sleeved jersey arrived so has winter, this is an affect of the time-scale of custom clothing, which is not a criticism just the facts (my BB jerseys are worn with pride as it sets me apart as a 'proper' bikepacker :cool: When I ordered the long sleeved last year it was still winter but due to the time lapse between order and delivery that arrived just at the start of summer. So to clarify I will be wearing my long sleeve this winter and save the short sleeve for summer, unless we get a warmer day when I'll wear the short sleeve, or a very cold day when I could wear both as per your suggestion :smile:

I should of been able to anticipate the lead times as I'm old enough to remember when mail order required sending a stamped addressed envelope off to get a photocopied black and white catalogue which probably didn't even have pictures. This took up to 28 days. Then it was of to the post office, get a postal order, send off and wait another 28 days for the item to arrive. Try explaining that to the 'yoof' of today. Although I think that most on here are also old enough to remember those good old days :grin: Which reminds me, I'm sure I sent a postal order off in the mid 80's for a poster and some stickers from an obscure goth band and I never received them? (the poster not the band) I'm guessing it's now too late to get my £2 back?
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
RIP

Post by RIP »

It's me that should be saying sorry for pointing it out, but I'm always tickled by interesting or unusual turns of phrase :smile:. Really I'm just jealous that you had the good sense to get one ordered and I didn't, sigh!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

Various parcels waiting for me on my return from a week in Europe :grin:

170mm hub and extra spokes for my Mulefüt rear wheel rebuild. Alternator dropouts with DT Swiss through-axle. Brake pads ready for BB200 and of course some winter chain oil :-bd
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

A nice little Ti bowl from Alpkit.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A secondhand Carver frame. I always regret selling my last one and I see it as a good excuse to use up the 26" tyre mountain in the cellar :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Another insulated top - Berghaus Hypertherm Hoody, been after one of these for a while. Wanted something light and compact with synthetic insulation AND a hood

I think I need a clear out of my other insulated things that aren't going to get worn as much now, I definitely have too many!
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Revelate Sweetroll in small arrived. Ta Paul :)

Greetz

S.
Polisherman

Post by Polisherman »

A Genesis Tarn 20 has just come through the letterbox!
Bought from Wheelbase in the sale. £1100 reduced from £1800!
That's one heck of a discount, I think someone had marked it up wrong on their website. Noticed the page had been taken down after my order went through :wink:
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Some more lovely Triglav goodies in the gape of a frame bag, and other bags..
It really is amazing quality stuff..
:-bd
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

Alpkit gnaro bar bag, to replace the Sweetroll I just sold. Seems good so far, simple & cheap
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

In the gape that's too much razzle in the basement that is nick :grin:

Not the postman but nick teetosugars popped round in a bid to help me pop my bikepacking cherry and brought me a Bar bag, two yes two frame bags and a stem cell all for sweet fa top top fella hats off.

Now I just need a seat pack which alpkit have reduced at the min :-bd and some kind of sport Billy magic sports bag to fit my softie 9 and trangia 25 cookset in. Perhaps I need a smaller cookset tbh :lol: but the bag will have to fit, for now
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

A pair of Wtb Nano's in 700 x 40 via eBay, like new for 15 squid....Bargain :-bd
Mart

Post by Mart »

Nothing bike related, but 3 bags of coffee from the Orkney Roastery ......... Mmmmmmm
2924 miles per Gallon
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Mart wrote:Nothing bike related, but 3 bags of coffee from the Orkney Roastery ......... Mmmmmmm
Coffee :-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Replacement bearings for a Hope hub that went bang and a Love Mud Juice to replace my SP hub that also went bang
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Care package from wifey arrived today...lots of goodies...Balinese kalimba....Hopi flute...down quilt that's been altered for better baffles...Hotlix Scorpion sucker (look that one up)...and a Garmin Vivoactive HR watch. Neat watch...weighs more than the Suunto Quest though. According to this new fangled watch, my heart beats between 70 and 110 times a minute, so I don't expect it to last too long. Can't win 'em all eh?

Greetz

S.
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Been a bit of a shopping frenzy of late...

ImageBearbones order by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

My Bearbones order arrived ce matin. Glad I didn't let vanity get the better of me and followed the sizing recommendations.... :oops:
(Long sleeve top, short sleeve top & Lunar Solo pole).

ImageAlpkit Order by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

So did the Alpkit order. Myti 650 mug, flask, wire knive, ti pegs, clippers and some replacement batteries for my head torch (that must surely need replacement by now...)

Image* snow peak sytem bottle titanium 350 by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

My mate David is over from his overseas workplace and brought me a present... Almost too embarassed to accept it as I tried (unsuccessfully) to aquire one last year (pre-brexit £ drop) and they were pretty prohibitive then! Twice in a week I'm humbled at the generosity of my friends... :oops:

ImageRandom pick up (geetar) by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

Having to return to Glasgow to pick up my car after my Hebridean trip I nipped in past Merchant City Music and stocked up on some supplies. Very nearly bought another bloody guitar as well (but managed to fight the urge...).

On the way back up the road I nipped in past Escape Route and picked up some wee bottles of Finishline wet lube and a replacement rear light (which I lost on the beach at the wee cove at the Butt of Lewis).

Bit of a haul in all...
Give the dirt a little room.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

I feel your pain with instruments...I couldn't pass up a Fender Urge short scale recently...the EMG's alone were worth the asking price.

And now...back to the frenzy.

Greetz

S.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Garmin Etrex30x arrived today, but it doesn't recognise the OS map sd cards I have. Need to investigate.....
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Bearbones Jersey arrived a few days back. Great fit and the breadwinner informs me that "it really suits you" :lol: Sizing spot on, thanks Stu :-bd