Bargain Alert Thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by benp1 »

GregMay wrote:
benp1 wrote:... and 40% off the Black Diamond ReVolt headtorch. I have one, spent a while researching the best one for my needs and this has been perfect for when I want more than an e+lite - https://www.needlesports.com/1152/produ ... model.aspx
Not now there isn't. Last one gone to me.
Good stuff, hope you like it!

Mine gets quite a bit of use, USB recharging and aaa batteries is a very helpful combo, as is the button lock (to lock it hold the button down till the blue LED on the side flashes, same again to unlock)
Mart

Post by Mart »

For those that run 29+
Chain reaction have Chronicles for £26.99 (120tpi, Folding and EXO)
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... prod144792
2924 miles per Gallon
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Crickey! Not sure if the weight's right - it's supposedly heavier than my PHD summer bag which has down <spinal tap>all the way round</spinal tap>
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
johnb

Post by johnb »

Okay this isn't standard bargain alert and no idea if anyone has already posted it.
Baycrazy https://www.baycrazy.com/local/search/p ... enumber/1/
Basically you can put nothing (if you want) in the search field and get everything for sale on eBay within a set distance which can be collected. Note some, if not the majority are collection only. Even though they could easily be posted. I have had some right bargain, some went for resale on eBay. 14 kilner jars for £6, an electric molineux mincer £1.50, two game bags (I was in Manchester! at the time) for 99p gave one to a mate he text me to say it was £150 new. I said I was only lending it to him! He told me to sod off! I live in rural Lincolnshire and set the distance at 10 miles which can actually result in 20 mile plus cycle ride. But as it will only ever get me 200 listings that's the distance I have to put. While in Manchester I would only do 5 miles which would get me more like 2000 listings. Always lots of bikes on there. Alas round here they tend to be 50 plus years old.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

For all you skinny bu66ers, there's a size small Gore One jacket on blacks/millets for £185, but theres a 15% off voucher. Makes it a more reasonable price
johnb

Post by johnb »

benp1 wrote:For all you skinny bu66ers, there's a size small Gore One jacket on blacks/millets for £185, but theres a 15% off voucher. Makes it a more reasonable price
HOW MUCH?
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

They're not cheap, but I'd love to try one. They get my "futuristic tech" juices flowing. :lol:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

johnb wrote:
benp1 wrote:For all you skinny bu66ers, there's a size small Gore One jacket on blacks/millets for £185, but theres a 15% off voucher. Makes it a more reasonable price
HOW MUCH?
Gotta love bearbones. One thread is dedicated to how expensive a holiday is while on another someone is astounded a sleeping bag that is at least half the price of another is heavier. Then there is an outcry about a Gore Tex jacket that seems cheaper than similar would have cost 20 years ago taking inflation into account..... :lol:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

'twas ever thus. For as long as I can remember there have been brands that:

Are cheap and crap
Are cheap and cheerful
Good value
High quality but decent price, AKA you get what you pay for
Boutique brands that are basically rebranded cheap stuff
Boutique brands that is quality kit

I'm sure we can all think of companies to fit in some or all of those categories :wink:

Then you've got the crazy world of internet pricing. Inflation seems to have moved from goods to services - I was doing a bit of internet window shopping and checked the current price of an item (well regarded on here) that I bought two years ago. Same retailer, same product, exactly the same price! (As in not a penny more)
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

whitestone wrote:
Crickey! Not sure if the weight's right - it's supposedly heavier than my PHD summer bag which has down <spinal tap>all the way round</spinal tap>
I have one and it’s made of very ‘durable’ material - one might even call it overbuilt. I used it once but it doesn’t suit use in a bivi so I’ve replaced it with a different bag.

I’d sell it for £70 if anyone is interested.
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

johnb wrote:
HOW MUCH?
I know! Bargain with that discount! I've just bought one
BreninBeener

Post by BreninBeener »

SURLY ECR 29ER DISC FORK

Triton cycles have them for £81

Hope it helps
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Bathtub with mosquito net thingy spotted on eBay (nothing to do with me). £55
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192329266010?ul_noapp=true
Somebody needs to learn how to spell 'design'.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

To be fair, I wouldn't know where to begin trying to spell 'design' in Chinese :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
To be fair, I wouldn't know where to begin trying to spell 'design' in Chinese :wink:
try starting with the word for copy...
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

It's from Bournemuff innit.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Pannier.cc have some good stuff on sale, Buffalo, Montane, 7mesh's brilliant Resistance jacket etc. www.pannier.cc/shop/outlet
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Must.Not.Buy.Another.Prism.

Any idea what those Discovery shorts are like? I've been after a pair of not-so-baggies and Crikey, how much have discontinued their Touring shorts.
ajf

Post by ajf »

whitestone wrote: Crickey! Not sure if the weight's right - it's supposedly heavier than my PHD summer bag which has down <spinal tap>all the way round</spinal tap>
I have one of the older ones. That weighs 400g, there seem to be more fill in the newer models.

Fits a balloon bed inside for err.... ultimate comfort?
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Nicked from STW, Silverfish are selling off SDG saddles and other stuff half price, the Bel Air is listed, I thought they'd stopped making them a few years ago. http://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/f ... tion/offer
Matt

Post by Matt »

Should also go in the Postmans been but just got delivered handed ZEE 2 cages for less than £12 :-bd :-bd

(okay they are red and £12 is a lot for two bits of Chinese plastic but much better than full price of £14 each!! and seen as my bike wears two milk bottle cartons cut down I doubt I'll be fussed about red cages)

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productSea ... ge&x=0&y=0

In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

pistonbroke wrote:Nicked from STW, Silverfish are selling off SDG saddles and other stuff half price, the Bel Air is listed, I thought they'd stopped making them a few years ago. http://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/f ... tion/offer
Cheers for that Duncan. Been meaning to add another SDG to the fleet for a few months.

Bought a couple of natty shirts too. :-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

ScotRoutes wrote:Must.Not.Buy.Another.Prism.

Any idea what those Discovery shorts are like? I've been after a pair of not-so-baggies and Expensive hipster brand have discontinued their Touring shorts.
Ha, yes .. Prism stuff is good. Disco shorts, no sorry. Not tried any PedaEd kit.
For plain and not flappy shorts I would recommend having a look at the Kalf Terra shorts at £50 rrp, not the same level of bargain if there's no discount going but currently my clear fave touring shorts over the R@pha and Giros - usual work related disclaimer etc, but I wouldn't ride 1100km on road in just over 4 days in them with just sports boxers underneath because of work loyalties : ) Used them for the TNR a few days after that ride and could still sit down in the cafe in Nice (and look at the Cafe du Cycliste shorts .. very nice but £££).
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

May the bridges you burn light your way