Klymit Inertia X-frame Mat

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Anthony

Klymit Inertia X-frame Mat

Post by Anthony »

Anyone tried one of these?

The theory of the cut-outs letting your sleeping bag loft underneath you seems interesting, just not sure how comfortable it actually is!

http://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.uk/index ... nt=&page=1
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Klymit Inertia X-frame Mat

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Erm ... really can't decide on that. I can see the thoughts behind it but I'm not sure I'm convinced. Seems kind of heavy for what is 2/3 of a more normal shaped air mat. 'Tis also not cheap ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Having watched the video I'm now put off by the use of the seperate pump. One more thing to take along and go wrong. Although I do like the idea of the cutaway sections, it all looks a bit sparse in this instance tho.
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

I looked at one last week, honest opinion, buy a Pacific Outdoor Elite AC. It's almost as light and a much higher R rating. It was comfy when laying on my back, but sleeping on side isn't too great. The pack size was very good though, and it's a great colour. Snow and Rock have them in stock if you are near one, also crap idea if you use a quilt, some dumb American on a backpacking site said it worked great and was his preferred lightweight mat but he used it inconjunction with a 250g closed cell foam mat.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The thing with the PO Elite AC is that it's too similar in weight to the neo-air.

I used my winter bag last year on only my balloon bed and was warm enough so the R-rating isn't really a priority. The Neo-air is only 20-30g heavier but being rectangular I'm pretty sure I'm more likely to fit better on it when lying sideway with knees bent. I do find my short neoair very comfortable too.

Does anyone know how the Elite AC and regular lenth neoair compare packsize wise?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Does anyone know how the Elite AC and regular lenth neoair compare packsize wise?
Pretty much the same pack size, although it's easier to pack the AC into a longer but narrower bundle.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Interesting cheers Stuart, what about if you were fold the neo-air in half rather than 1/3rds down it's length?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

If you folded in half rather that thirds then I reckon they'd be about the same.
didnothingfatal

http://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.uk/index ... BCE50955EA

the elite ac comes in under it's weight when you consider the pump weight
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The Elite AC is listed at 396g?
didnothingfatal

The listed weight is inclusive of the stuffbag and puncture kit, weight was around 290g for mat and a velcro strap