Two days with no resupply?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

In Reverse

Re: Two days with no resupply?

Post by In Reverse »

Heavily buttered Soreen is a staple for me. Morrissons do a muesli loaf which another good one to go wild at with the butter.

Basically, butter :-bd
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Basically, butter :-bd
Meridian do Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter , Almond Butter, Hazelnut Butter, Coconut and Almond Butter,
Brazil-nut Butter, Pecan nut Butter, Pistachio Butter, Coco and Hazelnut Butter.
Some supermarkets do small sachet size so you don't have to carry a jar or two. :wink:
Holland and Barrett are too expensive but if you do buy from them make sure you dont buy body scrub. :lol:
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

If you like biltong you must try this

https://m.facebook.com/Bossiesbiltong/? ... __tn__=C-R

It’s made by a South African guy who I used to work with, he travels down to Smithfield any buys the very best beef available, it’s Very Very good, the chilli with a beer is sublime.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

mechanicaldope wrote:I roll out Marzipan then spread melted dark chocolate over it before rolling it up like a Swiss roll. Delicious and over 500 calories per 100g.
^^^^^Now this I am going to do.

Lots of other things I'm taking on board, even tinned mackerel, :-bd .
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

A tub of cheapest peanut butter in the plastic jar has a good balance of fat for calorie density and protein for muscle recovery. It works for less bland porridge, snacking on scoops, on wraps/pitta for lunches. Also a malt loaf squished up to about a quarter of its packet size is a proper top of a hill treat
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

I now take powdered peanut butter to add to ready brek and noodles (not together) Peanut butter makes everything better!
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

restlessshawn wrote:I now take powdered peanut butter to add to ready brek and noodles (not together) Peanut butter makes everything better!
Not heard of that before, where do you get it?
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

Found a jar in Holland and barratt or it's available online easy enough. I was far too excited when I discovered it :lol:
pushbikemike

Post by pushbikemike »

I saw some powdered peanut butter in Tescos. There was a chocolate version too. :-bd
Not tried it yet.
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

pushbikemike wrote:I saw some powdered peanut butter in Tescos. There was a chocolate version too. :-bd
Not tried it yet.
That's handy, will have a look. I cant live without peanut butter...maybe I should start stockpiling as we can't grow them here :shock:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I roll out Marzipan then spread melted dark chocolate over it before rolling it up like a Swiss roll
You're my hero.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Peanut butter powder:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Betterbody-P ... 2749.l2649

I find digestive biscuits are a good thing to have with you. Dunked in coffee they make a fine breakfast, but you can also put cheese or something savoury on them for lunch. They have loads of fibre to keep you regular and not too much sugar, so avoiding the energy spike followed by the jitters than many sweet things give me. They are also pretty robust and can stand up to getting knocked about quite well.

For dinner we take instant noodles with a pack of halloumi and some mange-tout. All things that travel and keep well. Halloumi never seems to go off and its delicious fried.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Never heard of dried peanut butter till I saw this thread. Seems like a good idea, but the stuff Border links above is a) several times more expensive (though I assume you dilute it - with water?) and, b) marketed as "one third of the calories" which may be good if you're on a diet, but not if you're trying to pack compact calories.

Thinking about it, peanut butter, being mainly fat, is very calorie dense, so seems ideal as-is in the right container. What am I missing?
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

I just use it as dried ingredient to make dried meals taste better as I can live off my own fat reserves for a while...