Do bicycles have birthdays?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Do bicycles have birthdays?

Post by TheBrownDog »

Yes. Yes they do, and my OO Fatty turns six next week. Six!!!!

In that time it's been 26x4, 29x2.4 and 27.5x3, and is now back to fatness with 26x3.8. It's had three rear derailleurs, loads of chains and cassettes, three different brake sets, three sets of pedals, three headsets, a carbon fibre fork, several different handlebars, saddles and seat posts. They only thing still standard on the frame are the stem, cranks and bottom bracket, remarkable given the beating it takes.

I was just cleaning it and the jockey wheels are getting a bit sharp, and the chain and cassette could do with changing again. Gonna move to 1x11 and try a dinner plate sized granny gear. Eventually I imagine won't be able to get hubs for it, but as I've got two spare sets in my shed, it will be a long time before that happens.

I've had a lot of bikes through the stable in that time, and only once - when that Ribble Adventure Tour showed its face last year - have I ever been tempted to part with it. Far too many memories in this bike. Here's a few.

Back to regular programming.

New Bike Day

Ride London guise - got some funny looks but was sponsored by EasyJet so the colour scheme was perfect

Santa rides a Fatty (and is one, for that matter ...)

This actually worked, sort of.

Packs a lot of gear when needed

The Chilterns in the spring.
I'm just going outside ...
BigdummySteve

Re: Do bicycles have birthdays?

Post by BigdummySteve »

Aw bless, just remember they do grow up.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6TvxPS4f ... 6JWYjDqB0w
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark