lunar solo top vent

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

u02sgb

lunar solo top vent

Post by u02sgb »

Not had my new Lunar Solo out in the wild yet but the garden pitch didn't leave the top vent very open.

Is there a trick to keeping the vent open or do I have to use a stick/fashion something to keep it venting?

Stu.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: lunar solo top vent

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You can make a 'prop' out of a a piece of plastic, something like a milk bottle is the right stuff. Make it slightly over-length and the slight pressure exerted by it trying to straighten will hold the vent open.
May the bridges you burn light your way
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

Ta, will give it a go
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

u02sgb wrote:Not had my new Lunar Solo out in the wild yet but the garden pitch didn't leave the top vent very open.

Is there a trick to keeping the vent open or do I have to use a stick/fashion something to keep it venting?

Stu.

The guy out line that runs on the inside of the tent. I run mine on the outside which helps keeping vent open a bit more. As I’ve found the guy line does restrict the opening a little bit.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Adventurer wrote:
u02sgb wrote:Not had my new Lunar Solo out in the wild yet but the garden pitch didn't leave the top vent very open.

Stu.

The guy out line that runs on the inside of the tent. I run mine on the outside which helps keeping vent open a bit more. As I’ve found the guy line does restrict the opening a little bit.
This.
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

Interesting, I'll give that a go too and see what I prefer. Thanks.
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

u02sgb wrote:Interesting, I'll give that a go too and see what I prefer. Thanks.

Got some pictures that I did a while ago that show difference of having guy line in front and behind the silnylon.

You can see in 6 pictures vent is open more with line in front

https://instagram.com/p/BYLPBHDj2W3/
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

Those pics are useful thanks. I wonder if having the line Lok outside in the rain is an issue. Having said that my trail star has chunkier ones than that exposed.
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

u02sgb wrote:Those pics are useful thanks. I wonder if having the line Lok outside in the rain is an issue. Having said that my trail star has chunkier ones than that exposed.

I’ve been out in all weathers, even winter. No issues at all with the lineloks