BB200 thoughts and observations

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dyffers

Re: BB200 thoughts and observations

Post by Dyffers »

Something was nagging at me...and I realised what it was this morning: a comment in a Stuart's 'interview myself' blog post from a year ago:

"Right, next up is a brilliant question from Rob, who'd like to know, 'What's your favourite mile of Welsh off road cycling?' That's easy Rob. It's a section of rocky double-track that runs through the mountains down towards Nant-y-moch. It finishes at SN783892 which is one of my favourite places in the world. Most people probably wouldn't consider the track to be anything special or exciting but whenever I ride it, I always feel like I'm where I belong."

I suspect that gridref is quite a few people's favourite place after Saturday. :wink:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

LesBrown wrote:My first BB200... that was quite an initiation!

A few numbers...
Kudos Les. That must have taken some grit to continue with all of that going wrong.

Can't imagine trying to do all that distance by phone GPS.
Robster

Post by Robster »

Dyffers wrote:Something was nagging at me...and I realised what it was this morning: a comment in a Stuart's 'interview myself' blog post from a year ago:

"Right, next up is a brilliant question from Rob, who'd like to know, 'What's your favourite mile of Welsh off road cycling?' That's easy Rob. It's a section of rocky double-track that runs through the mountains down towards Nant-y-moch. It finishes at SN783892 which is one of my favourite places in the world. Most people probably wouldn't consider the track to be anything special or exciting but whenever I ride it, I always feel like I'm where I belong."

I suspect that gridref is quite a few people's favourite place after Saturday. :wink:
Sorry everyone, i can only apologise... Fantastic achievement just to leave a warm dry building let alone go & challenge yourselves in those conditions!

Cheers Rob
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Richard G wrote:
LesBrown wrote:My first BB200... that was quite an initiation!

A few numbers...
Can't imagine trying to do all that distance by phone GPS.
Yup, I was particularly unimpressed when my primary Garmin played silly buggers, thankfully have a second back-up Garmin.
Wouldn't have carried on if only using a phone.

I'd say it gets easier; but stu might be evil next year, and the weather might be worse. :shock:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Ugh, I appear to have developed a fever / flu.

My normal resting heart rate is low 40s... currently 110. lol
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

My resting heart rate goes up noticeably (especially overnight) when I'm I'll. In fact, I often see this happen before I actually feel ill.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

flyingpig wrote:The weather tag in garmin connect is interesting:

8mph southerly wind, cloudy, 13.9c

I wish!!
Is that what the atmospheric weather was? Looks like most of you hardy souls would have needed the submarine forecast!