pannier rack

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

johnb

Re: pannier rack

Post by johnb »

https://www.carradice.co.uk/products/ol ... tain-racks
Heavy, no eyelets needed. I have no knowledge of carbon frames though.
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

i've just emailed giant , regarding the d-post collar , and a suitable rack to fit my bike if they have one , will get back when i receive a reply :-bd
johnb

Post by johnb »

musomaniac wrote:i've just emailed giant , regarding the d-post collar , and a suitable rack to fit my bike if they have one , will get back when i receive a reply :-bd
I suspect they will say unsuitable for a rack, just to cover themselves. There would probably have been eyelets if they considered it suitable.
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

update ... i now have a rack fitted to my bike , its the axiom dlx disc , fits perfect , i've tried to show a pic , using the img , but i cant get it to work

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

musomaniac wrote:update ... i now have a rack fitted to my bike , its the axiom dlx disc , fits perfect , i've tried to show a pic , using the img , but i cant get it to work

You've linked to the page not the image. The link you paste has to end in .jpg Usually it's a case of right-clicking the image and choosing "Copy image address", then paste that in the img tags
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

i've tried right clicking on the pic on the desktop but theres no option for copy image , just copy , if i choose the copy , and then try and paste it between the [/img] nothing is pasted
psling

Post by psling »

Is it your own photo? If yes it needs to be hosted somewhere, not just loaded to your own computer.
If it is a generic image or hosted somewhere then right-click the image, click on properties and copy image address (like Bob says, probably …. .jpg)
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

yes it my own photo , just took it an hour ago , its hosted on google photos , i've already tried the link from there on a previous post , doesn't work

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

musomaniac wrote:yes it my own photo , just took it an hour ago , its hosted on google photos , i've already tried the link from there on a previous post , doesn't work

If I take that link - https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... gKBvsHeNpn - and paste it into a browser address bar then I get a 404 error, i.e. document not found, basically the address is wrong.
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

if i click that link in your post it takes me straight to the photo ??
Last edited by musomaniac on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

musomaniac wrote:if i click that link in your post it takes me straight to the photo ??
Is that a question or a statement? If I click it then I get a 404 error.

It may be on Google photos but is access set to public?
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

its a question , cant understand why it doesnt work its set to share
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

musomaniac wrote:its a question , cant understand why it doesnt work its set to share

You've linked the page holding the photo not the photo. It's a while since I've played with Google Photos, a bit of playing about and you need to do the following:

On the above page, right click on the image and choose "Open link in new tab". Go to that tab, right click on the image and choose "Copy Image address". Finally you can paste that into the img tag like so:

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's an awfully long low back. Is it not possible to bring the rack forward somehow?
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Looks like it's sloping backwards too. Or I'm drunkenly leaning sideways. What a curious construction that is. Still, nowt wrong wi' a bit of eccentricity, this is BBB after all.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

yes the rack can come forward , its just on loose , the two bars tha are attached to the d-post clamp slide in and out of a housing adjusting their length , and it pivots on the bottom mountings
thanks for the tip on inserting images , i had to give up before my laptop went out the door lol
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

still didn't work :o

mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

musomaniac wrote:still didn't work :o

Because you are copying the address of the page from the address bar. Read my instructions again! You need to right click on the image and select "Copy Image Address". The URI (address) of the page and image are different.

It might be worth using something like imgur - it's free to sign up to get an account and it plays a lot nicer with forum code - there's an option "BB Code", you just click the button and then paste in here, it's already got the img tags wrapped around the URI.

musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

I right clicked on the image , but there is no option that specifically says copy image , the only option I have is "copy" which is what I've tried , and doesn't work .
will have a look at imgur
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

wow it worked :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That looks much better :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
musomaniac

Post by musomaniac »

now that i can upload photo's here's another of a stove i bought , read the reviews and it seems pretty good , was thinking of a wood stove but not sure if it would be suitable in wetter conditions