Jersey / gilet orders open

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Jersey / gilet orders open

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Jersey / gilet orders are now open and you can order yours here: http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/jerseys/

Jerseys are short sleeved, have a full length concealed zip and 3 rear pockets. Gilets also have a full length zip but only have a small zipped key / phone pocket. They also have a solid rather than mesh back ... same as the last batch.

Please note: This is a pre-order with an expected delivery time of late Oct. However, the sooner people order, the sooner the order can be placed and the quicker they'll arrive.

Sizing has altered a little with more available. I'd advise selecting your actual chest size for a tightish fit or going up one size if you want to flatter the bulges a bit.

There doesn't seem to yet be enough interest in a specific ladies fit jersey to make it viable, sorry. These are listed as unisex so can be worn by anyone but they may not fit the female figure quite as well as a specific jersey would but being a manly type of man, I wouldn't really know.

If you'd like your name or even someone elses adding to the back, then don't forget to add the text to the box when you order. I will not be responsible for you spelling your name wrong ... so check it! What you type is exactly what you'll get.

May the bridges you burn light your way
sean_iow

Re: Jersey / gilet orders open

Post by sean_iow »

:-bd Do you know how the new 'sizes in inches' relate to the old size system? If I was a Medium last time what size would I need to buy to get the same size jersey this time?
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Do you know how the new 'sizes in inches' relate to the old size system? If I was a Medium last time what size would I need to buy to get the same size jersey this time?
Uhm, what they've done is to add additional 'in between' sizes which don't correspond directly to the old sizes. Best bet would be to break out the tape and measure your chest or measure the old jersey and see where that measurement falls on the new scale.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

so for the colour blind among us (and looking at the screen doesn't help), the only difference between this and the Mk1 version of this jersey (the green one, not the LS grey one) is that the green bits have been swapped for orange and the sponsors have been removed, is that right?

EDIT - how badly does the old green clash with the new orange?
definitely need to measure up, so many options now!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

so for the colour blind among us (and looking at the screen doesn't help), the only difference between this and the Mk1 version of this jersey (the green one, not the LS grey one) is that the green bits have been swapped for orange and the sponsors have been removed, is that right?
That is true but also - the BB logo is now on the rear pocket rather than the sleeve and the type face used for both 'Ride, eat, etc' and the 'riders name' has changed. Sponsors logos were removed from the last batch, it was only the first batch of this design in green that had them.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Uhm, what they've done is to add additional 'in between' sizes which don't correspond directly to the old sizes. Best bet would be to break out the tape and measure your chest or measure the old jersey and see where that measurement falls on the new scale.
I'll get the wife to measure me then and see where I am on the chart. This will also result in abuse from her though as I'm being repeatability told I'm "too skinny" since I slimmed down as a result of all the riding I was doing over the winter. She may have a point though, I recently had to break out the sewing machine and take in the top of my arm warmers to reduce the circumference as they were sliding down my arms, not enough bicep to keep them up :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Ordered the largest as I'm presuming that's a XXL , normally between l,and XL in normal t shirts and I hate tight fitting as I have to push away all the barmaid advances when they see my Adonis body in tight tops ( wife tells me it's a Adonis body but she does wear very strong glasses)
RIP

Post by RIP »

Done. Bound to end in tears as I always cock up these "sized" things. I'm gonna end up looking like elephant man or something. Pleased to see standards being upheld by measuring in inches. 'twill be worn with pride, and possibly some trepidation.

Thanks again Stu! You've received my official September "Very Nice Person Indeed" Award :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You've received my official September "Very Nice Person Indeed" Award
Ooh and so early in the month too.
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

Can someone give a bit of a description / describe the point of a gilet? All the ones I have seen before are kind of like body warmers - I assume these ones aren't insulated?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

mechanicaldope wrote:Can someone give a bit of a description / describe the point of a gilet? All the ones I have seen before are kind of like body warmers - I assume these ones aren't insulated?
Basically a lightweight armless windproof mainly used to keep the body warm when cycling.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Ooh and so early in the month too." - leaves plenty of time for retraction due to back end of the month misdemeanours then :wink:.

(I hate trying to do tongue-in-cheek on t'internet, it always backfires :smile:. Obviously I'm dead chuffed with these shirtings(*), thanks again Stuart for all your efforts for us).

(*) Love that word! Almost as much as "trouser" in the singular.

(and yes I would like the quotes round me name on the back pls).
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Can someone give a bit of a description / describe the point of a gilet? All the ones I have seen before are kind of like body warmers - I assume these ones aren't insulated?
No, not insulated but wind-proof and shower resistant. As Bob describes, I tend to wear a gilet on those early mornings, late evenings when it's a bit chilly. In winter I wear one under my jacket.

The stylish can wear them alone to produce an authentic red-neck, Billy Bob Jim Bob look too. :-bd
benp1

Post by benp1 »

If you don't have a gilet, you should, they're one of the best bang for buck and bang for weight cycling items you can get.

For something so small they give you a huge amount of warmth. At the moment I wear one in the morning for my commute but not on the way home. You should definitely have one (I've lost count of how many I have, I think it's around 6 cycling ones).

Insulated ones are also useful but the use is different
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

everyone should own a gillet - though i prefer tops with zip off arms as they are more adaptable

as noted there are times when the core is cold or wind chill is a factor but a coat would be too much. Personally i tend to use mine in spring and autumn and descents when MTB on proper Mountains
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I'ver orderenated both, shame about the laydeez
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

shame about the laydeez
We need 10 minimum Dave. If we can raise them, then I'm happy enough to add them to the order. Estimated cost for ladies specific jerseys would be just over £50.
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Id also definitely be up for a ladies one in orange - as would Viv, Anthea and Mrs Scattamah . . .just need a few others to show some interest :)
Mrs Burty

Post by Mrs Burty »

I would have a ladies fit. If we can get enough of us. :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Helen makes 6
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

I want a gillet but don’t know what size. Last batch I ordered a couple XXL items so what size do I need to match (I lost a bit of weight since so if it’s between two sizes happy to with smaller....).
I’m thinking the 43.25-45”?
Give the dirt a little room.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I think I have moobs now so does that count :wink:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I’m a 38.5 chest measured with a tape, there is a 38.5-40.25 inch size, and a 37-38.5. Presumably if I order the former is that likely to be skin tight still? I ordered a large in the original green jersey and the fit is spot on (I’m the same chest size still)
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Long sleeved tops definitely not an option?
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

what he said