Sinewave beacon

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Sinewave beacon

Post by Mike »

So ive seen one of these new lights and im impressed with it. I like the fact you can charge straight from the rear of the light eliminating the need for a seperate box or the like.
So are there any other options on the market that do this at the moment? Yes they are expensive but look well built with a 3 yr warranty
whitestone

Re: Sinewave beacon

Post by whitestone »

I'm assuming that was Javi's you saw.

For off-road use I don't think there's anything else similar - one of the B&M lights does it for road usage. Cost wise they look similar to the K-Lite system or one of the various bodge bits from different companies solutions like what I've got. If you know anyone heading to the States then $350 vs £380 seems a no-brainer :wink:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd yes bob. It looked great and it's compact
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Thread resurrection.

So what are peoples experiences of this thing.

Rich and Shona were tempting me with this thing last time I popped in.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Great bit of kit, it makes for a neat setup, mimes coupled with a son rear light. It just does it’s job One if the great features is the ability to plugin a usb battery. When running like this the dynamo takes over from the battery as you speed up. This setup means no light variation with speed and the dynamo makes the battery last a long time.
It has a three way switch, up is full light, middle is off for max charger and down is low beam. Still plenty for road and low speed stuff and it will still supply a reduced charge to battery at road speeds.
Mine was electricaly damaged by a faulty battery and they replaced it free of charge, in fact I was sent a shipping notice within 24hours! Excellent customer care.
I’m planning to be at wayfarers and the wrt if you want a look.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark