RockShox Reba 120 boost service/troubleshooting

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

RockShox Reba 120 boost service/troubleshooting

Post by redefined_cycles »

Been trsting out the newly built bike. Put some used 2017/2018 Boost Reba forks on in 27.5 guide...

They are 120mm in theory but the fork leg reading/marking seems to be showing up at 130mm.

The problem I am having is that the pressure I am having to put in is 50psi as opposed to thw suggested 120psi for my qieght. At the 50psi I'm getting a sag of about 20 percent and there appears to be alot of stiction in the form that when I've got myself in attack mode and tried to get the sag reading, afyer removing weight off the bars etc but still sat on the bike, the sage remains the same until I physically get off and then it fully extends...

The simple bounce test (like the tyre kicking test people do on cara when they dont have a clue) seems ok and there doesnt appear to be any bottoming or topping out at 50psi.

Anyone care to throw some comments or suggest which bit I shpuld start with servicing first. Never serviced any forks and always sent to TF but am confident in my abilities and probably have most of the tools...

:shock: