Defiant Seatpack - Not Very Defiant!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ZeroDarkBivi

Defiant Seatpack - Not Very Defiant!

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Bought a small Toklat seat pack (1.2L) for Spare tubes, etc - just needed something with minimal clearance that would work with a dropper post. Now I don't expect stuff like this to last for ever - it gets a hard time in a very abrasive environment, particularly under the saddle, but this looked quite tough. How wrong looks can be; after a meagre 100 miles (South Lakes Jenn Ride) the fabric on the underside (where it attached to the post) has worn so badly I can see daylight through it. I've have Cuben Fibre bags last longer than that under similar exposure.

Anybody found a similar size seat pack with a bit more resiliance?
jameso

Re: Defiant Seatpack - Not Very Defiant!

Post by jameso »

Odd, I've got the slightly larger one and it's fine after a fair bit of use, albeit with guards on that particular bike. Seems solid enough material, same as other bags I have?
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I've been using a bikepack Repack (https://www.bikepack.pl/sklep/repack-c-sm/?lang=en) for about year as a commuter bag but it seems pretty well made and has durable panels on all the wear points. Not very dear either.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I've not got one but I had a promotional email for these the other day

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/accessor ... 13l_337963

I'm quite tempted, it's 1.3 lites so about the same size as your existing, cheap and it's got a 5 year warranty.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

sean_iow wrote:I've not got one but I had a promotional email for these the other day

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/accessor ... 13l_337963

I'm quite tempted, it's 1.3 lites so about the same size as your existing, cheap and it's got a 5 year warranty.
I have one of them - they are OK but the plastic bracket for attaching it to the seat rails is a weak point. Mine broke and I ended up attaching a strap to it instead. The front strap is also a bit weedy.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Cheers for the heads up. I've got a myog seatpack I use for my pump, tube and tools but it's not quite the right shape so doesn't fit very well. Perhaps I'll have to knuckle down and make a better one.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger