Fingerless Gloves

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

Fingerless Gloves

Post by dlovett »

My old fingerless gloves that were cheapies have now had it. Can anybody suggest some that would stand up to hard multi day riding and are nicely padded?

Cheers

D
Scattamah

Re: Fingerless Gloves

Post by Scattamah »

Spesh used to make some really nice mitts with terry towel all over the top and not just on the thumb. I keep hunting for more of 'em. My fallback has been Giro with mesh tops and full coverage so I don't end up with patched of burnt skin.

Greetz

S.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Cheers I'll go and try a pair on.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

I use the specialized body geometry ones with gel pads, great for me.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Why fingerless, is it for road use? Much prefer the extra coverage of long fingers when off-road.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:Why fingerless, is it for road use? Much prefer the extra coverage of long fingers when off-road.
I have loads of fingered gloves from light to heavy but I need to be able to use the Garmin/phone when working (cycle courier) without have to stop and take the gloves off. I have found that I prefer having air on my fingers in summer and have started riding off road with my crappy fingerless gloves, but they are lacking the padding of other pairs. On road I only wear fingerless or wetsuit palm free in the winter.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Gotcha - makes sense. I have tried the Speech BG gloves, with the traditional style and the grail version (with the gel pad in the palm). They are both OK, but I think good bar grips/tape along with gel pads in the right place (just behind the hoods and the back of the drops, in my case) is probably a better solution for me.
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

Louis Garneau Biogel gets my vote. Gel pads in perfect positions, towelling to thumbs, and mesh backs. I normally swear by Gore stuff, but these are way more comfortable than my Gore gloves.

Just back from an 80 mile ride on the road bike, a fair portion of which was on rough tracks (I now understand what gravel bikes are for!) and hands feel fine.
May satan walk with you
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

ssnowman wrote:Louis Garneau Biogel gets my vote. Gel pads in perfect positions, towelling to thumbs, and mesh backs. I normally swear by Gore stuff, but these are way more comfortable than my Gore gloves.

Just back from an 80 mile ride on the road bike, a fair portion of which was on rough tracks (I now understand what gravel bikes are for!) and hands feel fine.
Evans has them in stock so I'll pop down and have a look at a pair.

Cheers
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I picked up a pair and on the little bit of rough stuff I found on the way home, the padding is great. Very comfy indeed.

Cheers