Garmin eTrex to quarter turn adapter

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ZeroDarkBivi

Garmin eTrex to quarter turn adapter

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Anybody tried something like this? I really like the idea, especially with the wide choice of Garmin quarter turn mounts available, from out-front to top-cap.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JXU3H ... =affiliate

Also, looking at putting a quad lock onto my iPhone as a back-up, for when the Garmin crashes; any experiences with this on rough trails?

I could just sell the car and buy an Edge 1030, but don’t like early adoption of new Garmin models - don’t appreciate being their beta tester! And you can’t beat AA Li batteries for long life and ease of replacing.
robbie

Re: Garmin eTrex to quarter turn adapter

Post by robbie »

I 3d printed one at work. Lets say it works but it broke unfortunately.. so gave up
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:Anybody tried something like this? I really like the idea, especially with the wide choice of Garmin quarter turn mounts available, from out-front to top-cap.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JXU3H ... =affiliate

Also, looking at putting a quad lock onto my iPhone as a back-up, for when the Garmin crashes; any experiences with this on rough trails?

I could just sell the car and buy an Edge 1030, but don’t like early adoption of new Garmin models - don’t appreciate being their beta tester! And you can’t beat AA Li batteries for long life and ease of replacing.
I know the Craigie has been using kamoot on iphone with a quad lock for months now. Working well by all accounts.
Scud

Post by Scud »

I really like the Quadlock system, i have Garmin but leave the quadlock mount on bike in case i get lost or want to use Google Maps or Komoot. I haven't used it for full on off-road (living in Norfolk) but have clattered along many a bridleway with phone on bars and bar-bag nudging it. Stays on bike as well as any Garmin or other GPS i think
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

ianfitz wrote:I know the Craigie has been using kamoot on iphone with a quad lock for months now. Working well by all accounts.
Definitely don't anticipate using my iPhone as primary Nav device, but a ready-to-roll back-up is always wise. Tried using komoot to do my WRT route planning - suffice to say I discovered a number of shortcomings!