Trip next yr?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Trip next yr?

Post by Mike »

So iv been looking at riding in idaho again now for a while as it's stunning and the trails are so sweet!!
This is just a feeler as it's along way off but next yr I'm thinking I'd like to do more offshore bikepacking trips as I'm killing the UK this yr.

There are two routes iv been looking at

The idaho loop from boise and back and also the race called smoke n fire 400. I like the idea of a mass start but also fancy having a holiday and cruising it at leisure as there are so many hot springs and places to visit. And maybe a few days back in ketchum as it's a really cool town with loads of trails on the edges.
Anyhow food for thought, the only down side to this is the flights there are no direct flights to boise ' well there wasn't when I went a few yrs ago '.
Taylor

Re: Trip next yr?

Post by Taylor »

Tahoe rim trail?
Maybe not long enough though.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm also considering the colorado trail as a possibility. At a holiday pace that is :0)
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

If you're not already, join the Facebook group "Endurance Rides and Bikepacking", it's mainly US based and a useful resource if you need route ideas.

There's some more, mainly western US routes here http://www.bikepacking.net/bikepacking-routes/

Some more western US stuff here https://www.bikepackingroots.org/

I'll be riding through Ketchum this year. :smile:
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

I’ve talked about doing the Hot Springs route for a while. Maybe one day. I too love riding Stateside, and really want to see more of the US.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd be up for something Mike, not visited the US since '99 :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I've had the Idaho Springs maps for a few years now and the trip is definitely on my list, but was thinking September time
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer