Unexpected meeting.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Unexpected meeting.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Out in Hafren with the dogs earlier and from behind came a bloke on a loaded bike - soft luggage, etc, etc. Nothing too unusual in that but the fire road we were on is a dead end if you discount the non-existant BW that turns off it and the left turn which leads you back to exactly where you've just come from.

Anyway, I enquired as to where this chap might be going and he replied, John O'Groats :shock:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Asposium

Re: Unexpected meeting.

Post by Asposium »

:shock: :shock:
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Always take the long way round.

Good to see there’s plenty of people prepared to live by that mantra :-bd
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

A solicitor friend was once out in the Dales doing one of his monthly 100 mile rides when he caught up a group of riders not in the first flush of youth. He pulled alongside one of the group and asked where they were going. The reply came back "what the f**k's it got to do with you" takes all sorts.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"left turn which leads you back to exactly where you've just come from" - bit emaciated? beard down to his knees? I'd bet he'd been going round that small circle in Hafren for weeks on end wondering how much further JoG was and why there were so many bloody trees.

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

It wasnt Heinz was it?
or as he looks more recently
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Just got back from a spin out on my gravel bike around our local trails. Middle of the woods I bumped into a goat herd with about 30 goats, he comes over and starts inspecting my bike. There then follows a surreal discussion about the ins and outs of my gear setup, advice on the merits of a 34/50 chainset, wide chunky tyres, carbon frame, he was very well informed. The pack of dogs that had chased me earlier were not quite so welcome.
RIP

Post by RIP »

In return for helping him out with bike factoids, what did you enquire about yer man's goats? "How do you get that lustrous shine in their coats?", "average milk yields?" etc etc.

Oh no. You've mentioned goats. You know what's coming next. Those incredible goats that climb on dams for fun. No way is this not trick photography. Goats, what are you DOING? That's suicide. Stop it guys. It's not big and it's not clever. "Don't try this at home kids" - see what we did there? Arf!

Last edited by RIP on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

No Reg, it was him offering me biking pearls of wisdom, his info was right up to date. His goats however were a right motley crew. They also smelt, of goat!