More SP/revo woes...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

journeyman

More SP/revo woes...

Post by journeyman »

Hello everyone! The bearings on my refurbished sp hub have worn out again - 2000km mainly off road in pretty wet conditions most of the time but more concern is my Revo light has started flickering badly with poor capacity and all sorts of issues with LEDs Normally just the two horizontal LEDs light up but I've got them working on the diagonal now and at rest only one LED stays lit - I guess its knackered but any thoughts on problem -(I read that the LEDs have lifetime warranty which may help.) Has the wobbly hub overcharged the Light? Water in the light?
Dave Barter

Re: More SP/revo woes...

Post by Dave Barter »

I had these symptoms when my connection to the hub was a little dodgy. I rebuilt the wire and it all worked perfectly after that.
Last edited by Dave Barter on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I don't think a wobbly hub could overcharge the light. I was thinking about this just the other day and came to the conclusion that if the hub could produce more power they'd make it like that in the first place.

As Dave said, check the wiring first, I've had flickering with mine before due to a damaged wire. After that get in contact with Exposure, they're really helpful.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

Thanks all! I checked the wiring, restriped and attached the ends; Revo still playing up, but it was worth trying. I contacted Exposure and followed the service/warranty guidelines and within a couple of days of them receiving my unit they replaced it - they'd never seen so much water in one! As you hinted Sean -excellent service and quickly resolved. :-bd Only issue now is my Garmin seems to have the same problem - probably all due to living on Dartmoor in a 'fairly' wet winter :cry: