Exposure lights

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blag

Exposure lights

Post by Blag »

Going to treat myself to a exposure front light for xmas. Is the six pack worth the extra money over the maxx d.
ianfitz

Re: Exposure lights

Post by ianfitz »

Both are crazily bright and huge. I’ve borrowed both but when it came to choosing I got a toro.

Unless I rode very techy stuff (like DH levels of techy) regularly at night I wouldn’t go higher than a toro.
Blag

Post by Blag »

What sort of run time you getting with the toro. Would like 4hrs I think. Of off roading
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Blag wrote:What sort of run time you getting with the toro. Would like 4hrs I think. Of off roading
Between 3-24 hours depending on the brightness. Not sure if you have used exposure stuff before. The different settings are well arranged into a variety of low, medium, high levels in 8 settings. It’s easy to toggle between these to manage battery life.

If you are near the Peak District then 18 bikes have a good range of exposure demo lights.
Blag

Post by Blag »

Yeah not far from peaks might have a look not used exposure before. I want to get away from the seperate battery setup
Mike

Post by Mike »

I bought a maxx d for bb200 this yr and I love it. Iv done a few off road commutes now with it too and I find I use it on low or med most of the time but it's great on singletrack in the trees on full power. Yes like Ian said it's fairly big but I honestly don't notice it there sat on my bars. Oh and there after service is fantastic had mine back and replaced parts foc with a 2 yr warranty. I just wish I had bought one along time ago instead of having wires n batteries on the frame
FLV

Post by FLV »

I have a Toro too. And a Diablo.

I leave both on the bars and pop the Diablo on my helmet at the top of anything tricky or unknown. It's a one handed 1 second swap.

Mate has a six pack. It's brighter than the sun.
Tam

Post by Tam »

Sorry to hijack but does anyone have any experience of the Race and how it compares to the Toro?