Naturehike tents ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alh14

Naturehike tents ?

Post by Alh14 »

Hi

First post here as found this very useful forum through a search for bikepacking stuff.

I’m in the process of getting some gear together and have been looking at tents.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32348297704.html

Are these any good seem a good price for a 2person 1.2kg tent. The other tents I’m looking at are the alpkit ordos, which is twice the price. Thanks anyway !
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Naturehike tents ?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A copy of a Big Agnes I believe. Quality of material / manufacture should be fine ... the only thing I personally dislike is inner pitch first but that's not a fault of this particular tent, just the design ... I think the Ordos is the same.
May the bridges you burn light your way
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

I've got one of these and I've found it to be very good for the price. I prefer it to my zephyros 1 for the added space and the fact that it weighs less. I'm not sure it would be great in high wing as I tend to take my zephyros in this conditions. For low level stuff or fair weather I think you'd struggle to beat it.
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

I've been looking at these also. It seems that you can buy the basic 2 man Big Agnes copy on ebay, direct from China at about £50.00!...however does anyone know if you'd subsequently get clobbered with import duty?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Naturehike-2 ... LqEv64_8jA
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

I've never been stung yet from goods from China, only the States thus far..

They do sell them on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Naturehike-Clo ... =srch&th=1 if yer worried about duties?

I guess for the price, I'd take a punt direct tho..
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

..answered my own question - it seems that you don't pay duty if goods are worth less than £135.00, but you are eligible to pay VAT on goods from non-EU countries and "special territories"...so as I understand it you can expect to pay another 20% on top?..still not a bad price!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

My experience is the same as Nick's in that I've never paid any duty or vat on goods from China ... they simply arrive in the post as though they'd been sent from Skelmersdale or Warrington.
May the bridges you burn light your way
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

I've ordered a good few things over the years from China and not had any tax issues.
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

You can buy naturehike tents from this supplier in uk

https://www.allfouroutdoors.co.uk

I bought a 3 person naturehike tent from them, for when camping with my daughter.

Good service
Alh14

Post by Alh14 »

Thanks for your replies.

So what are my options for an outer pitch first tent ?
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

I bought a set of Chinese carbon forks and paid about 10% duty plus £20 handling charge.
DickieH

Post by DickieH »

Zephyros 1and2, and others of that design eg Vango Zenith, all pitch outer first or both together.
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Spent 4 weeks in one last summer, really good tent. You will need to use the footprint virtually all the time as the floor is paper thin and punctures very easily. The only issue we had with it was that one of the guy lines pulled out of the seam it was sewn into, an easy fix but worth checking before you travel the world with it.
We got ours from Amazon, worth noting there are 2 versions, a PU nylon one which is cheaper and heavier, and a Sil-nylon one which is obviously lighter and more expensive.
I would definitely recommend one.