Braving Brian

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Braving Brian

Post by BigdummySteve »

Currently tucked up in a cheeky bivy site near Bugbrooke in deepest Northamptonshire hoping that Brian keeps to schedule and arrives Saturday after I’m gone, already regretting site choice near a duck flight pond, noisy buggers :oops:

Anyone else silly enough to be out?
Last edited by BigdummySteve on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Re: Braving Brian

Post by RIP »

Good for you Steve. Not too far from here, but am sorry have been told I can't make it. :sad:. Sounds like you need a duck "decoy" - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acme-Duck-Teal ... B005C9WHN2. I like that it's called "Acme" - surely that's reserved for the Road Runner cartoons? Apparently it does widgeons too, whatever they are, so you could end up with a collection of all sorts of birds by the time you get some sleep. Good luck with Brian, I enjoyed my night out with Ophelia on Monday night. Hope you took your extra-long pegs with you :smile:. Sleep well....

[edit: arg, just noticed this post number. If a beast with seven heads and ten horns rears up out of your pond, leg it mate....]
Last edited by RIP on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Hurricane Brian, beelelzbub unwittingly summoned from The depths it’s all too much, at least it’s distracted me from my current dilemma, although I’m alone I still feel ashamed that I’m considering drinking straight from the bottle while I use my mug to boil water for a pot noodle, really I must pack either a suitable drinking vessel or bring a hip flask of fine malt , I blame the parents :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

One of those S2S collapsible cups'd do but I reckon it'd make the beer taste all funny. If I had one my usual luck would mean the cup reverting to collapsed-mode whilst still mid-deployment to the hilarity of all those gathered as its contents cascaded over my nice bamboo leggings.

PS if you're feeling ashamed when a/ alone, and b/ when you've not even done anything, don't worry that's just being brunged up proper innit. 'Feeling guilty' is an interchangeable word there too of course. As if the ducks weren't enough you now have plenty of psychological problems to sleep on as well :wink:.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster