Exposure lights?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ddraver

Re: Exposure lights?

Post by ddraver »

Can't help but thanks for reminding me to dig out my poor old AyUps to see if they re still going
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

voodoo_simon wrote:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:... as I'm a Hope boy. Great build quality and after-sales service but never that bright IMO.
This is why I'm not a fan of Hope (and I'm not having a pop at you) but no-one else in this thread has mentioned the after-sales of exposure (perhaps they've never needed it or it's not great?*) but this always comes up with Hope. Always struck me as odd...

Anyways, had a Topeak light last two years and then died...
Had niterider for two years and then die...
Had Hope lights last two years and then die...
Had exposure lights for 5 years and still going strong :-bd
and also got Moon lights that had reached past my magical two year mark :lol:

*with exceptions to their dynamo
I though about that first comment as I wrote it and have seen similar comments about Hope stuff before (to paraphrase: "you only need good aftersales because the products are shonky"). However, generally speaking I've found all my Hope stuff to be good and I think it's the fact that they do really seem to focus on looking after folks who've bought their products *if" they need some assistance is a pleasant and welcome bonus.

Mleh, so subtle I'm making a hash of explaining I think :wink:

I notice in this thread there are few comments about Exposure aftersales but I *think* I've seen plenty previously. Obviously completely subjective and unscientificy.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Well at least we are discussing the minutiae of after sales service and don't have to put up with what used to pass for bike lights.

Remember these anyone?

Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

For balance ... my joystick was faulty from brand new but Exposure did sort it out. The dynamo on the other hand, they completely washed their hands of to the point of ignoring emails, etc.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

I had some of those lights on my old team rally banana roady years ago, heavy af with two DDs :o
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

whitestone wrote:Well at least we are discussing the minutiae of after sales service and don't have to put up with what used to pass for bike lights.

Remember these anyone?

I had a set of these in days-gone-by:

Useless, godawful things :lol:
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

What did you end up with I'm torn between maxxd the Toro or keeping my aldi jobbie :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

I finally went with a maxx d mk9 and I used it for bb200....It's was an vaguely exciting piece of kit!! Highly recommend it I only needed to use it on med n low settings all night the thing lasts hours! However zippy used a torro and that was also very good being a bit smaller and lighter too. I think which u decide on ul not be disappointed. My choice was also swayed by the fact that I got a good secondhand maxx d cheaper than a new torro
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

Thanks mate