PSA: REC first aid course in north Wales.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

PSA: REC first aid course in north Wales.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

For anyone interested in learning how to use that gaffa tape wrapped round their pump to patch a puntured lung or how to turn their spare tube into a sling, the Blue Peris mountain centre have an REC course running on Nov 20th / 21st. REC is the gold standard in outdoor / emergency first aid with a focus on what you can do with limited equipment under less than ideal conditions.

I wouldn't generally do someones advertising for them in such a direct manner BUT having attended a course there myself, I can happily vouch for the experience. I will also say that at £99pp these courses are superb value and nearly half the cost of other REC courses.

Anyway, anyone interested should contact

Ann Daniels
Customer Relations Manager (CRM)
Blue Peris Mountain Centre
Dinorwic
Caernarfon
Gwynedd
LL55 3ET

01286 870853
http://www.blueperis.co.uk/
May the bridges you burn light your way
ZeroDarkBivi

Re: PSA: REC first aid course in north Wales.

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Definitely interested in this as my HSE accredited Workplace First Aid certificate has recently expired and I need a recognised qual to validates some other quals. Now that the HSE has stopped regulating FA training, do you know how training courses are 'approved' now? I asked this question of British Cycling (after enrolling on their MTB Leadership scheme - don't even ask...), and they couldn't really answer it; it would appear to be a grey area.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

...Just seen this on their website:

"The course meets the requirements for most National Governing Bodies such as ; Mountain Leader Training (MLT), Canoe Wales (CT), British Canoe Union (BCU), DofE, Scouts, Girl Guides, British Caving Association, UK and Scottish Mountain Bike Awards, Basic Expedition Leader Award, RYA, BOF, etc"

That should be all good then.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm assuming that a 16 hour REC course still meets the first aid requirements for just about all outdoor leader training ... it certainly used to.
May the bridges you burn light your way
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Thanks Stu - interested in attending that...
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

This might take some lateral thinking of a business case to make this viable... Image
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Zippy wrote:This might take some lateral thinking of a business case to make this viable... Image
Thinking the same thing! My employers used to get a contractor in to deliver this training, but there is nothing planned for several months, and a justifification could be made to do this instead...
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Yup, should really book myself onto that.
I work for myself so can put it through the books as I need 1st aid training... :-bd