Halfords

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Halfords

Post by BigdummySteve »

I picked my son up from the park today together with his friend. Apparently he has been riding this for a year after Halfords 'assembled' it and carried out a gazillion point safety check
https://www.flickr.com/gp/147258524@N05/0dn88F
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Halfords

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Trouble is Steve, no one will believe you that it's wrong ... I'd sneak up on it with an allen key when no one's looking and give it a twiddle. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I did, it must have been strange to ride, the mind boggles how their staff can be so bad it's a wonder they don't kill people. But of course I might be wrong about the forks, Halfords turned me down for a cycle store job , apparently after 30+years as a fitter and precision engineer I was under qualified =))
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I bet that's got better turn in than stock :wink:
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

They did a great job assembling my Boardman CX Team (well apart from the BB with the seal in the wrong place, oh and the front mech that wasn't tightened up meaning it was pulled down the seat tube when I tried to change gear). Yeah on second thoughts you're right, they're crap! :lol:
Wulfrunian

Post by Wulfrunian »

It's an Apollo. Lucky to get a year out of it tbh. Not the first Halfords effort I've seen with that 'feature'
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

the mind boggles how their staff can be so bad it's a wonder they don't kill people.
A colleague of mine bought an e-bike on CTW from Halfords. After a couple of weeks he had a fairly nasty off on steep downhill road near his house. I can't remember exactly what it was now but we all concluded it was something fitted incorrectly that caused it (I think it had pulled the rear wheel out of the dropout somehow - bloody memory :roll: ). Halfords eventually agreed and replaced the damaged component. He didn't push them particularly hard for compensation, but they made him sign a waiver to the effect that the matter was closed after the component was replaced :shock: