Ergon Grips Clones

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

Ergon Grips Clones

Post by dlovett »

Has anybody tried some of the clones of the Ergon style grips?

Just wondering if they are any good ?

e.g. https://www.tesco.com/direct/acor-ergon ... rce=others

or

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/life ... 7C568439UK

Thanks
JohnClimber

Re: Ergon Grips Clones

Post by JohnClimber »

Tesco one's don't look to be lock on's
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

JohnClimber wrote:Tesco one's don't look to be lock on's
My sister-in-law had something similar on a bike. The only way to keep them in place is to glue them, but be very, very sure they're in the right place if you do.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

We had Bontrager versions of those on last year's Trek hybrids. They wouldn't stay in place and the bikes were often returned with the heel bit at the front!
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

I had some that looked v similar from Planet X for about two quid. They were actually pretty good. Moved a bit but not much and were comfy. Not Ergon standard though.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Not tried the Ergons to compare, but I've been happy with Evans's own brand ones on both my MTB and polo bikes. Single lock-on collar on the outside of the grip.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Alpkit also make some ergon style grips. Dn't remember if they have a lock on or not...
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I have genuine Ergons on one bike and wanted something similar but cheaper for another project. I bought a pair of cheap ergo grips from Decathlon (I think they were about seven quid). They're not as nice as Ergons but do the job well enough with similar comfort. They do have lock on type collars.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Thanks everyone, I’ll check those others out.

Cheers

D
touch

Post by touch »

I have some of these. They are lock-on at both ends. The ergo 'wing' part is quite soft and flexes when you put your weight on it. It doesnt give as much support as the proper ergo grips with more rigid wings but I find them really comfortable - but then I also find standard round bars comfortable too and dont have any need for ergo grips.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

NC17 ergo grips are worth a look. Also softer than ergons, cheaper and lock on. I find them more comfy than ergons
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Well I got a pair of the Decathlon ones and 50km's in they seem fine, much more comfortable than the grips they replaced.

What angles are you all running them at? I think I might want to try moving them so they wont slightly upwards rather than the neutral fish I currently have them.

Thanks

d
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Glad they're working out for you. :cool: I think the angle varies from person to person (depending on body shape and bike set up) but it's worth experimenting to find the sweet spot for you as an individual. You're looking to have the bulge angled up enough to actively support your palm in a normal riding position but not so much that it applies too much pressure (which makes the grips less comfy). I moved mine around quite a bit before finding the sweet spot but it's a simple procedure with lock on grips.