New digs

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

Re: New digs

Post by barney »

ootini wrote:
barney wrote:Hi Ootini,

I know you're fairly local to me, I've got a Lunar Solo with a pole from Stu. You are welcome to borrow it for a night out to see how it suits you

cheers
Cheers. Appreciate the offer. How's about an overnighter in the clwyds? I'll show you mine.....
I'm currently away a lot at the moment so won't have many opportunities for the next couple of months, feel free to call round though and I'll lend it to you for a week or two.

Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers
Wait for me...
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Not mine but saw it and thought you may be interested http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luxe-Minipeak ... SwjONZbOpl
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

ootini

Post by ootini »

Hey Wingnuts, thanks for the links. I'm very tempted by this right now: https://m.ru.aliexpress.com/s/item/3281 ... on-Rodless

Any thoughts or reviews so far ?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Any thoughts or reviews so far ?
I had a good play with Matt's (way-hay and oo err) when he wanted a pole for it. Seems to be well made and robust as the materials aren't quite as light as they could be ... this might not be a bad thing. There's probably a couple of small things I'd alter but overall very good - factor in the price and it's even better.
May the bridges you burn light your way
numplumz

Post by numplumz »

good post cheers :-bd as looking for a new shelter.
so as plenty of time as passed since this, what did you go for ?
The old git in the yellow socks
ootini

Post by ootini »

numplumz wrote:good post cheers :-bd as looking for a new shelter.
so as plenty of time as passed since this, what did you go for ?
I still haven't pulled the trigger. I've been hectic wuth a new job so barely had time to get out, so the need for a new tent ebbed somewhat. I very nearly went for the Exped Vella for sale here, but timing wasn't right, then Stu beat me to it*. I'll probably pick something up in January.

* if you decide to move the Exped tent on Stu, I'd love first dibs.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Gotta say, it's difficult to ignore the Zephyros 1 at £80.... Anyone got a compelling argument that I should avoid it like the plague?
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

I replaced a Mini peak with a Lunar Solo LE - the LS has much more space (unless you use the MP without an inner) and IMHO is better made. Condensation is a little bit more of an issue but its fine if you take time to pitch the LS properly - getting the air gap around the base is key.

Both are great tents but of me the Lunar Solo LE is better and worth the extra if you can afford it
ootini

Post by ootini »

Stevemorg wrote:I replaced a Mini peak with a Lunar Solo LE - the LS has much more space (unless you use the MP without an inner) and IMHO is better made. Condensation is a little bit more of an issue but its fine if you take time to pitch the LS properly - getting the air gap around the base is key.

Both are great tents but of me the Lunar Solo LE is better and worth the extra if you can afford it
Thanks for that. To be honest I was thinking the reduced weight was pushing me toward the LS anyway. I think it's unlikely I'd ever use the MP without the nest.