Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teetosugars

Re: How's your year panning out?

Post by Teetosugars »

Struggling.

Mentally.

That's how my year is going sadly.

I have all the shiny kit you could imagine lying around, begging to be used, but the black dog that follows me around currently won't let me use it.

Its all got a bit much of late.

Which is a real shame as its nearly July, and I've yet to get out there and enjoy it.
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Been good so far, nearly 2st lighter than in January, cycle commuted almost every work day, not done as much bikepacking as I'd hoped, but have been riding in Holland , had SSEC in Scotland and me and The Boy are off on Sunday to spend a week riding round Belgium visiting as many breweries as possible. This was supposed to be a Bikepacking trip but it's turned into a Tour de Belgique. The camping element got dropped as more friends offered us accommodation, it'd have been stupid to turn it down, as now we get to see friends as well as hopefully some good riding :) Hoping to do over 350 miles, should be fun.
Also got SIS in Germany in August, Belgian Singlespeed Championships in September and the Gogo Hellcross in November!
So it's looking good for the rest of the year too :)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Saw some of your lot at Mountain Mayhem last weekend. Holy crap were they fast.
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Not quite as planned.

Until recently much less cycling than I'd like.

Elderly mother's sudden, unexpected, but thankfully, peaceful death, meant lots of trips from home in Oxfordshire to Sussex to sort stuff, taking up loads of weekends. Missed the WRT,

But more positively, have got a new Airnimal folder on the bike to work scheme, and being fixed means the miles I am doing (about a 14 mile round trip 3-4 days a week) really do count! :cool:

Did my first (whisper it) sportive on the fixed folder (complete with large Carradice saddlebag :grin: ) the other weekend - did the short 30 mile route - entry was raising money for local cancer charities, who were ace to my wife when she was poorly (now better), so I thought I'd enjoy a potter round.... and although i generally prefer off road to road, they'd planned a lovely route and the feed stop was the 'chi-chi' coffee shop at a local station!

Planning a bimble down the Ridgeway with other members of this parish some-when over the summer, so hopefully the 2nd half of the year will be better...
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Richard G wrote:Saw some of your lot at Mountain Mayhem last weekend. Holy crap were they fast.
Jack Monkhouse is "one of ours" ... he won 24hr Solo Singlespeed with 24 laps ... and he's only 21.... usually Steve Day wins Solo (he's another "one of ours" ;) ) but as he won WEMBO Singlespeed in Italy 2 weeks earlier he was Jacks pit b!tch ... the folks you saw were probably our quick team who won Team of 4 - Singlespeed too . We also had another relaxed team, 2 pairs and 4 soloists ....

I was there in an "advisory capacity" .... leading by example, showing folks how to stay hydrated ..... with beer :)
FLV

Post by FLV »

It was going poorly. Generally happy enough But only really riding 10 to 15km a week. Until about the beginning of april when my drive suddenly reappeared.

Since then rode more than in the last 12 months combined. Enjoying it too. Couple of nights out under the bivi too.

Just been on a trip to see some pals to a place i didnt know existed 2 years ago too and even managed a trip to the hill there too.

If the continues like this it'll be a good thing.