Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richpips

Re: The 2nd Torino-Nice Rally

Post by Richpips »

Shona :-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

Glad it went well for you Xavi! Really good crowd this year (as last year, many returning riders also). Had a great time. Lots of pics to go through but having a few (mostly) off-bike days in France first :-bd
SixPotBelly

Post by SixPotBelly »

I put some of my better shots from this year into a gallery, if anyone's interested:

http://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/287c2 ... a49d8b7b21

They're downloadable but I'd appreciate it if people didn't reuse any of them without asking first (not that I expect anyone would want to).
Dainiusd

Post by Dainiusd »

Hi,

my pictures from this rally are here https://photos.app.goo.gl/jqQfae5HALGLWSkF3 ;)
monskton

Post by monskton »

SixPotBelly wrote:I put some of my better shots from this year into a gallery, if anyone's interested:

They're downloadable but I'd appreciate it if people didn't reuse any of them without asking first (not that I expect anyone would want to).
Great pics! Did I see Jack Daniels on the fork? Wow, Rock& Roll!!!
salut i pedals!
SixPotBelly

Post by SixPotBelly »

monskton wrote: Did I see Jack Daniels on the fork? Wow, Rock& Roll!!!
Thanks,

That was Cyril's bike, and the JD one of the additions he made to his 1stTNR kit list. I don't think there were any wrong ways to approach the ride but his had to be one of the best. :)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Great pics! Did I see Jack Daniels on the fork? Wow, Rock& Roll!!!
I more worried that I spotted some mug dangling going on :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
cyclingtiger

Post by cyclingtiger »

I did see a lot of artful mug dangling going on and relatively little drinking from said mugs.
SixPotBelly

Post by SixPotBelly »

My own mug was hidden in a stem cell but I plead guilty to two counts of flip-flop dangling, m'lud
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

My own mug was hidden in a stem cell but I plead guilty to two counts of flip-flop dangling, m'lud
I can't say owt - I had most of my clothes dangling off my bike last year after washing them in a river.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Dainiusd wrote:Hi,

my pictures from this rally are here https://photos.app.goo.gl/jqQfae5HALGLWSkF3 ;)
Think I can see my 2016 stickers on the Finisterre sign
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
SixPotBelly

Post by SixPotBelly »

Dave Barter wrote:
Dainiusd wrote:Hi,

Think I can see my 2016 stickers on the Finisterre sign
Can confirm Stop Being Soft bear stickers were still present and correct in a number of places!
SixPotBelly

Post by SixPotBelly »

@ JamesO

Naturally I'm planning my 2018 around 3rdTNR. I just saw that next year Eurobike will be in July:

http://www.eurobike-show.com/eb-en/news ... hanges.php

Will that affect our dates?
jameso

Post by jameso »

SixPotBelly wrote:@ JamesO

Naturally I'm planning my 2018 around 3rdTNR. I just saw that next year Eurobike will be in July:

http://www.eurobike-show.com/eb-en/news ... hanges.php

Will that affect our dates?
:-bd
Probably the first Monday in Sept for the next one. Eurobike date move just affected my decision to be sure to do what was the possibly my last UK to EB ride this year. I might manage to start the tnr feeling fresh next year :grin:
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Are we likely to see you at the Spanish C2C in May then James?
SixPotBelly

Post by SixPotBelly »

jameso wrote: Probably the first Monday in Sept for the next one. Eurobike date move just affected my decision to be sure to do what was the possibly my last UK to EB ride this year. I might manage to start the tnr feeling fresh next year :grin:
:-bd

Wonder how many we'll have next year. There must have been twice as many this year as last, and as we all keep raving about it to our cycling friends and sharing the photos everywhere online more and more people are making it a "must do"!
jameso

Post by jameso »

Wonder how many we'll have next year
Need some thought on that aspect .. wasn't really thinking ahead with the 'free ride' thing for year one and didn't think it'd be more than 150 a year at any point - if it is it needs some planning but riders disperse on a route pretty fast. The road alternate to the day one beast climb will make a good early splitter. I don't want to get into shortlisting or selection draws and it's also hard to stop people just turning up, being able to do that is part of the point in a way.

Pistonbroke, I'd like to yes - the way things are at work earlyt and late summer hols work well but I may not be popular at home with 2 riding breaks in a year, again!
jameso

Post by jameso »

SixPotBelly wrote:I put some of my better shots from this year into a gallery, if anyone's interested:

https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/287c ... e497f96017

I particularly like this arty placement of a cow pat in Little Peru. It says everything about the ride to me : )

There's a few crackers in there, would you mind if they ended up in the TNR instagram throwbacks queue? If OK, where should I credit them to?
Beesey

Post by Beesey »

Just a quick thanks from me, had an vaguely exciting time on one of the best routes I've ridden. Unfortunately we couldn't make the mass start but met some nice people along the way (by taking all the shortcuts!) But I seriously under estimated how hard it was going to be, I've ridden in the alps before but some of the days were brutal.

I'll be back to give it another go, but I probably need a year off to allow for the rose tinting to take full effect!

Oh and you were right about gearing a 34 wasn't low enough, I managed a lot of the climbs but couldn't ride them all! a 30 next time.

Cheers
SixPotBelly

Post by SixPotBelly »

jameso wrote:
SixPotBelly wrote: I particularly like this arty placement of a cow pat in Little Peru. It says everything about the ride to me : )

There's a few crackers in there, would you mind if they ended up in the TNR instagram throwbacks queue? If OK, where should I credit them to?
I like a bit of foreground interest in a landscape :D

Mind? I'd be honoured!

Real name would be nice (Laurence Finlay) if you're able to credit, but more than happy regardless for you to use any in anyway for anything that promotes the Rally. :)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

As a few of you have done this now.. quick question. If I was to get to Turin a couple of days before, is there anywhere in particular that would be good to stay?

Ideally I'd prefer a bed rather than camping out (I'll be having f'all sleep on the week of the ride).

(Yes, I know the next one is a long way off, but I'm thinking through my plans for the year!)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Stayed at the 'Tomato Hostel' the night before - 'twas good.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Thanks. I'll have a look.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Yeah, that looks about perfect. I'm sure I'll feel like an old man there, but I'll live. :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm sure I'll feel like an old man there
You'll be fine, there's a 147 year old woman who lives in a flat above the courtyard who comes on to her balcony every 20 minutes or so and shouts at you to shut up ... she's older than you.