HT Sweepstake - your riders are.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

touch

Re: HT Sweepstake - your riders are.

Post by touch »

Blair512 wrote:Still no sign of Lars Schmidt on track leaders, at least my tenner is going to a good cause!
Each rider has to go and register for themselves on trackleaders and pay the fee before their name shows up in the list. So the fact that he's on the list is a good thing, he just hasnt transmitted any initial points yet.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

touch wrote:
Blair512 wrote:Still no sign of Lars Schmidt on track leaders, at least my tenner is going to a good cause!
Each rider has to go and register for themselves on trackleaders and pay the fee before their name shows up in the list. So the fact that he's on the list is a good thing, he just hasnt transmitted any initial points yet.
Didn't realise you had to pay to get on it, well at least he has intentions of coming then, hopefully his dot appears tomorrow and I can do some work instead of checking trackleaders every 10 mins, no wait, I'm watching Rich and Tom anyway so there'll be no work done whatsoever! :lol:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

99percentchimp wrote:
Bearbonesnorm wrote:Rider in bold.
Thank god :grin:

Go Phil :grin:
Errr, if you mean me, sorry my knee is fooked so I'm planning on being the first to scratch...(after the Benalder singletrack, natch)
That said if you can courier some amphetamines up to fife tomorrow I'll be sorted :lol:
Borderer wrote:My guy is 26, lives in the Highlands and rides bikes for a living. Go Huw Oliver :-bd

Are you in here too Huw?
Huws a thoroughly experienced bike tourer so you've backed a potential winner. He did it last year in truly horrible weather so is looking to go round much quicker this year

Cheers
Phil C
Javi

Post by Javi »

And second on the Strathpuffer this January. He's an experienced rider
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Okay people, here are the Highland Trail sweepstake pairings. Rider in bold.

Good luck to all those riding and all those who entered the sweepstake.

Neil Evans - Mike Welch

Howard Perkins - Gairy Mannion

Huw Oliver - Bridget McGill

Mike Toyn - Richard Garcia

Sami Burkart - Ian Fitz

Reto Koller - Patrick Belson

Alan Sheldon - Steve Large

Scott Lindsay - Chris Campbell

John Baker - Spencer Baker

Ian Fitz - Bob Wightman

Berten De Canne - Fraser Macbeth

Pavel Machacek - Karl Booth

Alasdair McLean - Rich Picton

Clement Stawicki - Dan Phillipstone

Justin Atkinson - Dan Phillipstone

Carl Hutchings - Martin Minshall

Bryan Singleton  - Ione Macgregor

Philip Fraser-Thomson - Mark Weldon

Phil Clarke - Kevin Cunniffe

Bob Wightman - Gary Tompsett

Fraser MacBeath - Richard Garcia

Adrian Baskerville - Andy Bennett

Stuart Cowperthwaite - Martin Brown

Rich Rothwell - Andrew Wright

Philip Addyman - Jason Maguire

Steve Large - Dave Barter

Jason Michalak - Joe McGill

Chris Hope - David Elder

Adam Erritzoe - Chris Reeves

Lars Schmidt - Blair Caldwell

Petr Jirousek - Bob Jacks

Neil Beltchenko - Andrew Toesland

There's a good number of seriously strong riders in that list. A couple or three favourites for me, but by my reckoning 14 who could win it. I don't think there's ever been such a strong field of such depth in any group start ever.

dot watching is going to be incredible this year. I suspect the pace from the start will be, erm, well...
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Have just seen on FB that Bryan is a DNS. Shoulder injury
AlanG

Post by AlanG »

If a rider isn't on the Trackleaders HT page now they have had to drop out. 52 should be lining up tomorrow morning and a few ITTers are leaving today and Sunday.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

htrider wrote:
Borderer wrote:My guy is 26, lives in the Highlands and rides bikes for a living. Go Huw Oliver :-bd

Are you in here too Huw?
Huws a thoroughly experienced bike tourer so you've backed a potential winner. He did it last year in truly horrible weather so is looking to go round much quicker this year

Cheers
Phil C
Javi wrote:And second on the Strathpuffer this January. He's an experienced rider
Ooooh :o :-bd Joe will kill me if my guy comes in ahead of his - I really hope his yank turns up.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

In an effort to keep things 'interesting' I've decided to allocate a new rider to anyone who's rider isn't showing on TL by the end of today. I shall ammend the list at the top of the page to reflect the changes. I figure, we have 'spares' so it's a shame not to use them :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:In an effort to keep things 'interesting' I've decided to allocate a new rider to anyone who's rider isn't showing on TL by the end of today. I shall ammend the list at the top of the page to reflect the changes. I figure, we have 'spares' so it's a shame not to use them :wink:
I like this idea!
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

htrider wrote: Errr, if you mean me, sorry my knee is fooked so I'm planning on being the first to scratch...(after the Benalder singletrack, natch)
That sucks. Is this a definite or are you considering pressing on? Plenty of exit points further up the route - as I well know ;-)
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Tell me about it - been spending the last 6 months working how I'm going to manage my back pain then this appears. Hey ho. I've got a bag full of diclephenac so hopefully it will be OK but I'm keeping an open mind. Spent yesterday eve working out all the escape routes! Not the most positive frame of mind to be starting on but if my knee works I'll be fine.....
Karl

Post by Karl »

htrider wrote:Tell me about it - been spending the last 6 months working how I'm going to manage my back pain then this appears. Hey ho. I've got a bag full of diclephenac so hopefully it will be OK but I'm keeping an open mind. Spent yesterday eve working out all the escape routes! Not the most positive frame of mind to be starting on but if my knee works I'll be fine.....
Take it steady and focus on a finish. Cant remember what Alans cutoff is, something like 8 or 9 days so just plod along aiming to get 70-80 miles a day which is just over 5 mph when riding for 15 hrs. Take long breaks at night and you'll be fine. You can do this!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Karl wrote:
htrider wrote:Tell me about it - been spending the last 6 months working how I'm going to manage my back pain then this appears. Hey ho. I've got a bag full of diclephenac so hopefully it will be OK but I'm keeping an open mind. Spent yesterday eve working out all the escape routes! Not the most positive frame of mind to be starting on but if my knee works I'll be fine.....
Take it steady and focus on a finish. Cant remember what Alans cutoff is, something like 8 or 9 days so just plod along aiming to get 70-80 miles a day which is just over 5 mph when riding for 15 hrs. Take long breaks at night and you'll be fine. You can do this!
:-bd :-bd
Wise words Karl and cheers for a much needed positive vibe. Looking at the interesting weather forecast for tomorrow a tactical bothy / bunkhouse / b & b could be in order.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

3 new riders allocated ... hopefully that should see everyone with a rider on the start line tomorrow.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:3 new riders allocated ... hopefully that should see everyone with a rider on the start line tomorrow.
Still no Lars Schmidt on the map, where does it show your new rider if you have one?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Still no Lars Schmidt on the map, where does it show your new rider if you have one?
Track Leaders says he's on the pre-start list ... if he's not there at 9.00am, I'll give you another.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Track Leaders says he's on the pre-start list ... if he's not there at 9.00am, I'll give you another.
:-bd
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

No Scott Lyndsey this year :|
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

I appear to finally have a rider, go Lars!!!
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Um - how do we know if who we have had reallocated to us? Not sure who I'm supposed to be cheering on :/
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

The first post was edited. Yours is Chris van der Kaap.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

My guy appeared on Friday night and hasn't won since! :sad: