Ukhammocks

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Ukhammocks

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Anyone still waiting for anything they ordered in the Xmas discount offer?
benp1

Re: Ukhammocks

Post by benp1 »

I heard there have been problems with all the UKHammocks orders, quite a few unhappy folks on the BushcraftUK forum unfortunately

Not looking hopeful at the mo...

Hope it improves
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Oh aye, any links please (I looked but not a member and baffling array of forums)?

I've had good dealings with Mat when he lived down the road. Now 4+ months since order, nowt to be seen and very little comm's (the last was a promise that didn't happen).

Still, nothing's as bad as buying a Singular Rooster via Kickstarter :lol:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I used to go bushcrafting and camping with Mat, that was a good few years back though

Another of the guys I used to go bushcrafting/camping with, Adam, did a lot of the design work for the hammocks and quilts. Was a good bunch, have lost contact with them now

The BCUK thread is here - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=141036
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Having read that , oh bugger!

Think I paid on card so might just have to sack it and go for a refund. Shame because everything else I've had off him, admittedly a few years ago, has been great. Hope he gets it sorted.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Refund requested. Asked for it to be resolved by Thursday otherwise passing to card Co.

Real shame :|
pushbikemike

Post by pushbikemike »

That is a shame. Bought a good few things from Ukhammocks in the past. All good quality and still going strong. Several hammocks, chair and underquilt. Hope they get it sorted and you get a refund Cheeky Monkey.
Sussex Paul

Post by Sussex Paul »

I had to wait 10 weeks for my underquilt to arrive, I was prommised on two occasions that it would be sent by the end of that week, but nothing turned up. I got on the phone to Mat, and eventually got it sorted.

It seems like they were in the middle of a move, with some of the team working out of their own homes in the interim, which is likely to be the cause of some of the delays.

The quality seems alright.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Have tried the phone a few times. Last couple it has been a message saying the line was "unmanned / monitored" whilst on expedition although "the workshop staff are operating as usual" or some such stuff. No opportunity to leave a message.

Emails not responded to (same address as order and as quoted on site). Did get a response (once) when I used the contacts form. Have used it again since (in case it was the one being monitored) though no reply. Bit wary of using it anymore as cannot easily track / show that I've been in touch or the substance of the comm's.

Personally, now, I have decided "feck it". I've been dicked around before and tend towards being generous with my patience and give people I like. know or trust the benefit of the doubt. TBH that's bloody stupid when it is literally 5 months (order placed 31st December) since I parted with £173 and have not had a single contact except one and that was only after I (exceedingly politely) chased them for an update. If no refund or news by Thursday as I put in last email to them I'll take it up with the card company.

I have nowt against Mat or UKhammocks and have had both good gear and advice previously. I'm wary of chuntering on the internet about businesses at the drop of the hat, however, there comes a point when I think it's worthwhile sharing as it alerts people to potentially poor service.

Hey ho :|
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Dispute raised for non-delivery of goods with the credit card company.

Bit gutted to do it to someone I've had good dealings with elsewhere but too much money tied up for too long.

One email from UKHammocks in 5 months is, simply put, sub standard. If you consider ordering from them in future then beware.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Mat emailed last night to say he'd just picked up the emails and would refund. Whether this is just a coincidence on the same day I contact the card company for a refund I couldn't say. I will wait to see when it comes through on the card. And that, really, should be the end of it. However, what hacks me off is the massive contradiction between this email on 20th April from him:
This should be out over the weekend.
My update from Lucy had yours as on her table yesterday for production, she was batch stuffing this weekend for shipments
But then get this yesterday (25 May):
You should of had an email Friday stating the Argon for your quilt has landed and your quilt was in production.

Sincere apologies for the delay, it's sadly been out of our hands with custom Argon delays from the US
So, it was being made, but then it can't have been because they didn't have the fabric, which has now arrived but I never received the email, and it's not their fault because of customs supplies.

mmmmKay :|

Think this sums it up:

Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Refund received.