BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Chew, Taylor

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Postby mountainbaker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 pm

I was 72.3kg after Braunton 150, which is almost back down to my post Tour Divide 69.5Kg. Then two days after Braunton 150, I'm 75kg again! That's a lot of curry and recovery beer. :grin:
mountainbaker

Postby Scattamah » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm

My post-B150 recovery has been slightly less enjoyable...but has cleaned me out to the tune I'm now ~64.8Kg. It's official - heat exhaustion/sun stroke really does suck.

Greetz

S.
Scattamah

Postby ianfitz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Was 68kg at the start of the year and after the B150 I'm at 62.5kg today, hadn't weighed myself for a couple of weeks but am thinner now for sure.

Interestingly although I've not followed the LCHF diet very closely recently I feel like I'm burning less food on rides and the most striking thing was that in the days after the 150 I wasn't crazy hungry. In the past after a long ride like that I'd be hoovering all food in sight for a weeks (or more) afterwards.

I did a few weeks on it and partially adapted (could cruise well but lost my top end power) then followed LCHF in the week but would eat carbs over the weekend to fuel a long ride (waaaaay less than usual though) or a small amount of carbs before a high intensity session. In recent weeks I've not really been paying attention to it.

Plan for after the HT550 is to give it a good go and see if I can adapt and develop top end while on fats only. That would be great!
ianfitz

Postby Wilkyboy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm

I reduced carbs in my diet after new year and dropped from 76kg to 70kg over that time — and definitely thinner. Not particularly LCHF, but I have gone back to butter and the like, just not huge amounts. I eat a lot of eggs and greens now.

I seem to be doing okay converting away from burning carbs — I rode 400km in 23h to York last weekend and although I had a few Jelly Babies with me, I ate only about half of them, just to have something to do, really. Pace wasn't almighty and we stopped for some decent meal stops, but it was a team event, and I wasn't the slowest, climbing quickly and still pulling strongly (for me) on the front into York, which I put down to being partially adapted for fat-burn (more specifically, less reliant on carb-burn, as I think I have a way to go). I've never been particularly strong for long on the top-end, so I didn't notice anything missing there. And I rode it fixed-gear, for what that's worth (probably not much).

I'm hoping to ride a leisurely WRT, cover at least 200km, and still feel pretty okay at the end. Those hopes may yet be dashed ...
Wilkyboy

Postby Mart » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 am

OK after Fri Lunchtime weigh in at the gym i'm back under the 90kgs (including the 3wk average)
I've trained hard in the gym and swam, but the eating has gone adrift with beer and cake on several occasions
I've not done low carb - just watched what i eat and having a light breakfast (coffee and yoghurt) then porridge for lunch and big evening meal (which helps fuel some of the evening swim)

Maybe i should try low carb for a bit
2924 miles per Gallon
Mart

Postby Richard G » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 pm

For what it's worth, I lost all my weight on a fairly typical "bodybuilder" diet. Moderate carbs, moderate fat, high protein.

Low carb is by no means a requirement, it's just that some people find it easier to stick to / eat less on.
Richard G

Postby JohnClimber » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 am

80kg, post Dirty Reivers
JohnClimber

Postby gma » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:12 am

My update for Thursday just gone: 84.3kg

I keep losing a bit, then getting smashed and having a takeaway at the weekend. Now aiming for three days of fasting between now and the WRT weekend. Bring on the black coffee...
gma

Previous

Return to General banter