Frame Bag Vertical Divider, Anyone Using One?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Frame Bag Vertical Divider, Anyone Using One?

Post by Ray Young »

I am thinking of spending my birthday money on a new frame bag from Alpkit. I will need a divider and the vertical one is £10 cheaper than a horizontal one. So does anyone use one or have experience of one?
benp1

Re: Frame Bag Vertical Divider, Anyone Using One?

Post by benp1 »

I only have partial frame bags so can't comment from experience, but I would have thought that unless you need to use the vertical portions for particular items, that stuff will fall to the bottom, making packing, organising and finding stuff a pain. The horizontal ones seem to make more sense for more general use
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

I've got an alpkit frame bag and thought long and hard about choosing between horizontal or verticle divider.

I choose the horizontal as this allows me to pack on two levels, rather than everything heavy dropping to the bottom and clumping up, which could happen with all the trail bumping.

On top of the divider I have a two litre hydration bag with a tube that reaches my handlebars. But I forgot to ask for a hydration port but it works ok stuck through the zip.

If it was me I would go for a horizontal divider even though it is a bit more expensive.
FLV

Post by FLV »

vertical one in my full wildcat bag.

Its very useful. Its not the full height of the bag though so you can separate stuff at the lower part of the bag but can still use the full length at the top
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

FLV wrote:vertical one in my full wildcat bag.

Its very useful. Its not the full height of the bag though so you can separate stuff at the lower part of the bag but can still use the full length at the top
That's interesting, never thought of that. The Alpkit divider is removable so I'm assuming it's velcroed in place which means you could probably cut it to any length you want.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

My Fargo revelate frame bag (which also fits the ICT and the Kramp) has a vertical divider and a single zip. After being initially dubious (my wildcat bag has 2 horizontal zips) it does work well. I can fit a camel back bladder in the rear bit or usually two tubes, my stove and packets of dried food / tea bags etc. Stops the bag from buldging out too much as well. Getting stuff into the lower compartment of the wildcat bag can be a pain and its a bit of an odd shape so its hard to fully utilise it.