Spring time route suggestion

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

MikeOnabike

Spring time route suggestion

Post by MikeOnabike »

So I think I'll take a friend on a trip come spring time, maybe April. May I pick your minds for suggestions? Our criteria are

- Dry and not too cold in April. So I gues Sthern Europe or Nth Africa.
- Dirt roads rather than technical single track. I'll be on Krampus but she has a touring bike. I'll put fatter tires on it and set it up for bikepacking, but there no sus and she has little off road experience.
- Maybe a 7 to 10 day trip.
- Lots of good wild camping.
- Good food in nice villages are a bonus.

I was thinking about the TransAndalus (http://www.transandalus.org/) and or maybe the Caucuses (cold?). Any good ideas?

Thanks,
Micheal
Sarah

Re: Spring time route suggestion

Post by Sarah »

Highly highly recommend the Transandalucia Trail. We flew into Malaga and out of Gibraltar, rode between, lovely wild camping, pretty villages, great route info.

I ride a Surly Ogre, fully rigid 29er, and it was fine, few rough sections, but all rideable.
Enjoy.
Sarah
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I suggested Crete in another thread and everyone ignored me, but I will not be deterred. There are hundreds of miles of dirt roads to explore, dozens of lovely villages, hill top monasteries selling olive oil, food to die for in cafes and bars everywhere, amazing beaches, great friendly people etc etc. Springs the time to go as its not too hot (water can be a bit cold though). You can pretty much pitch where you like - the west coast beaches are largely empty and practically begging you to camp on them. No more questions. just go. Thread closed .... :lol:
I'm just going outside ...
MikeOnabike

Post by MikeOnabike »

Thanks Sarah, thanks TheBrownDog. We are duly inspired.
Spanish food or Greek food...tough call :)