Triban Trail ?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alh14

Triban Trail ?

Post by Alh14 »

http://www.ridenorthwales.co.uk/listings/triban-trail/

Have been looking for a multi-day circular route for a while and this popped up on google.

Did a search on here and there was a few hits but no reports of what it is like to ride.

Thinking of riding it end of February, so am keen to hear what sort of trails you are on, thanks !
ootini

Re: Triban Trail ?

Post by ootini »

I've done bits of it as sections of day rides. Never the whole thing, but definitely interested.
Personally I'd modify the route a bit, do it clockwise, skip out Llandegla, head further towards Nercwys, don't camp too close to the lakes etc.

Mostly bridleway and b road. Lots of gravel up by the lakes, the ride from Brenig down in to the valley is old farm track, I did it in very wet conditions and it wasn't fun.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Like ootini, I've ridden many bits but not as a complete route. Generally quite 'Welsh' with a mixture of everything. Should ride reasonably well even in Feb but do expect some soggy bits.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Alh14

Post by Alh14 »

Thanks, sounds a goer then :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I rode pretty much the full loop minus the Degla bit in one go in Oct as a BB200 training ride. Enjoyed it but some bits of it were a ball-ache - the bit to the east of Corwen really slowed me down due to boggy conditions and a load of knackered gates. I was having a bit of a sense of humour failure by the time some old bloke came out of his house and started shouting at me for riding past at 11pm (at SJ 11293 45344). A couple of stern words may have been exchanged :lol:

Had a broken gear shifter and also snapped my chain a couple of times towards the end which was a PITA at 2am. I roaded the last hour back to the car in Cilcain.

Overall it's a good ride, I'd definitely do it again.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Here a an alternative, longish route in the same area. Could be a good way to expand the Triban Trail a bit more. http://flattyres-mtb.co.uk/route-guides ... challenge/