Hope, in The Peak...

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teetosugars

Hope, in The Peak...

Post by Teetosugars »

Ok, so despite living within an hour of here, I know very little about the Peak, and all its goodness...
The plan would be to get the train to Hope, then ride from there to a bivi spot, then ride back.
So, can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Cheers all..
RIP

Re: Hope, in The Peak...

Post by RIP »

Train to Hope - top idea. Without knowing where 'back' is (to the station or home?) we might send you in the 'wrong direction' though;). Here's one to try: turn right out of station, second right, keep going for a bit, right again between the hedges, behind the farm over the stream, then up there on the hill :). Or maybe left out of the station, next right then left, then right again up the hill (a frequent local feature!), there's an ace flat spot behind that wall on the left :-bd. Don't forget to stock up on beer and crisps at Hope Spar of course. Fab area.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Meant to say, head back to Hope, then jump on a train home..
it’s a soulless ride from here to Hope.. Not one I’d relish on my Krampus. :oops:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Have a look for Cracken Edge on the map - it's above Chinley. You can make a nice ride there from Hope and it should provide some great overnight spots. Added bonus of being able to see my mums house from the top :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Have a look for Cracken Edge on the map - it's above Chinley. You can make a nice ride there from Hope and it should provide some great overnight spots. Added bonus of being able to see my mums house from the top :wink:
Will do... think it might be a just head out, and see what I can find.. :oops:
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

Plenty of decent spots near hope. I'd be tempted to get the train back from another station, maybe chinley or Marple bridge, to make for a more interesting ride. If you're planning a short ride to a bivvy spot, just inside the forest to the North West of Win hill is good but I bet there are hundreds more.
RIP

Post by RIP »

PM'd u Tee'...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

RIP wrote:PM'd u Tee'...
Perfect! Just seen this..

Many thanks.